"Patience" WJ Expo Build

CJustin7

Adventurer
Thanks, they do really well. I went with the Rola and extension for the rack. JRC frame sliders too.

Last edited:

CJustin7

Adventurer
Soooooo
I messed up my jeep pretty bad. The engine is definitely coming out. I was dumb and went into some deep stuff ..... very deep stuff in a place called the soup bowl. Went wheeling at URE the other weekend and we were having a blast. Lost my spring again... no biggie. just parked where I could droop a little and threw it back in. Found this gem called the Soup Bowl.... it's allot deeper than it looks ladies and gentlemen ..... don't listen to anyone there who says "Na, it aint that dep.... you'll be fine". They lie to laugh at your misfortune. Didn't I know my intake box sites right behind the drivers side wheel well (well, I did know that)... the opening faces down. Drawing air from the bottom left of my grill. This is great for your engine when you want cooler air...... BUT VERY BAD FOR WATER AND MUD !!! Compression tested it yesterday and it's gone. Maybe rebuild-able, as it turns over fine and doesn't sound bad at all. Still I've only got the correct compression on 1 cylinder. the rest are low. I may buy a brand new engine too. It all depends on how bad this thing is once I get it out and opened up. I believe I have a few bent rods to correct.

After working all day at URE ..... I haven't been this dirty since Iraq. Selfie time.... (trying to keep in good spirits)

These are the results on the compression test..... Didn't even bother with the back right cylinder as the first 7 already told me what i needed to know.

Jake79

Hey nice jeep! Idk man those results aren't ideal but I would think it would still run with those numbers if you bent a valve or something I would think you would have a completely dead hole? Maybe try a couple shots of oil and check it again, the water could have washed the walls of the cylinders. Would it crank or did you have to pull the plugs to get the water out?

CJustin7

Adventurer
Thanks man, It's still a work in progress.
It actually fired up for a min or 2 after the incident and it ran really rough...... went dead and we haven't been able to get her to fire again. I've gotten a few hits here and there, but never enough to get it running. No water in there..... we probably used 2 cans of either in it to displace any water while on the trail. replaced plugs, checked fuel, air, and fire..... all the big three are working. Compression is so/so .... Could be worse.... could be ALLOT better. It's an HO engine so it's high compression .... I believe I should be around 150-160psi in each cylinder.... so even my high seems low. It did run after the whole thing .... but only for a few minutes. A tear down this weekend will elt me know.... Might just have some gunk in there.

CJustin7

Adventurer
Yeah, this engine new has about 180 PSI per cylinder.... 150 psi is the advertised minimum..... So new engine it is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior