Lhanson 1st Gen Tundra Build

lhanson

Adventurer
So been busy busy busy building away. Some updates of parts on order!

Front bumper has officially been order!
Relentless Fab will be building bumper: http://www.relentlessfabrication.com/collections/toyota/products/00-02-tundra-defender-front-plate-bumper

It will be a one off. The center hoop will be made to go right over the 30in Baja Designs Onx6 Hi Power led bar. The squadron Pro R (Amber Cornering) will be going into the fog pocket.
For winch: Superwinch Talon 9.5 synthetic rope will be going into bumper.

Baja Designs S2 are going on the sides of tent rack for scenery lighting.

Communication has gone in:
Mobil: Icom IC-F5021 50-Watt VHF Transceiver antenna is mounted on a motorized actuator
Handheld: Baofeng UV-82C

Tons of transformations going down over next month.

Next things to be addressed is the rear leaf springs, possibly a rear locker...... hmmmmmm what else

lhanson

Adventurer
So its been busy busy. Been enjoying the WA good weather. Here is the late update

I have installed the following:
Brute Force Fab Front bumper: If you like the look just let Billy know you want the Lance Hanson or L Hanson tundra version he will know whats up ;)

Billy is an amazing individual and does killer work. He is very communicative and accurate with his lead times. Always kept me in the loop. Humble guy that I am happy to support his business.

Superwinch Talon 9.5 SR Mounted the control pack in the engine bay

Baja Designs: 30in Onx6 Hi Power, Squadron Pro wide cornering

Wheelers AAL

Up Next........

Brute Force Fab Dual Swing out High Clearance Rear Bumper fully farkled so stay tuneddddd ETA 12weeks

Ditch light brackets/Baja Designs S2

ARB Rear Locker

Here is a couple updated pictures:
Trail 73 on 04-09-177596 by Lance Hanson, on Flickr

Trail 73 on 04-09-177506 by Lance Hanson, on Flickr

Cle Elum8645 by Lance Hanson, on Flickr
Thanks for my buddy Trent for getting an action snap of me.
Cle Elum8623 by Lance Hanson, on Flickr

viperdriver

Observer
Awesome looking truck. I just ordered a front bumper from Billy in early May and looking forward to receiving it. I went with the full hoop model. Do you have a stock front skid or aftermarket? Was wondering if that would still fit with the bumper. Also did you have to cut off your factory recovery hook? I know the Tacoma bumpers a few buddies have required that.

What happened with Relentless if you dont mind me asking? I was turned off by their 15 week lead time quote.

lhanson

Adventurer
Awesome looking truck. I just ordered a front bumper from Billy in early May and looking forward to receiving it. I went with the full hoop model. Do you have a stock front skid or aftermarket? Was wondering if that would still fit with the bumper. Also did you have to cut off your factory recovery hook? I know the Tacoma bumpers a few buddies have required that.

What happened with Relentless if you dont mind me asking? I was turned off by their 15 week lead time quote.

Relentless didn't have communication and lead time I was looking for. They assured me bumper would be done in 12 weeks and I explained I needed to have bumper no later than 12weeks. I called about 10weeks or so and then they told me it was going to be another 4-6 weeks. At that point I canceled my order.

Billy was up front about his lead times and to be honest I think aesthetics of his bumper are better. Quality and him being an excellent communicator sold me. Humble guy that's down to earth earned my business.

You can use stock skid plate and mine bumper bolted up zero issues.

I will have aftermarket skids soon from a fellow tundra owner that conveniently works for overland shop so stay tuned for that.

lhanson

Adventurer
Tundy coming along great! Front bumper sure changes the front end... 30" BD bar suits it well too.

Thanks! It's coming along slowly but surely. I am going to make a strong effort to document more here. Always envied your build.

Loving content of your 4Runner :)

viperdriver

Observer
Relentless didn't have communication and lead time I was looking for. They assured me bumper would be done in 12 weeks and I explained I needed to have bumper no later than 12weeks. I called about 10weeks or so and then they told me it was going to be another 4-6 weeks. At that point I canceled my order.

Billy was up front about his lead times and to be honest I think aesthetics of his bumper are better. Quality and him being an excellent communicator sold me. Humble guy that's down to earth earned my business.

You can use stock skid plate and mine bumper bolted up zero issues.

I will have aftermarket skids soon from a fellow tundra owner that conveniently works for overland shop so stay tuned for that.

Thats funny, Billy was actually telling me about your situation. I definitely think his bumpers are the best looking first gen bumpers out there. Im saving right now to get the same rear bumper as the one you ordered too. Cant freakin wait.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Glad you went with Brute Force Fab. I love the low profile hoop design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lhanson

Adventurer
Whistler was rowdy:

Whistler 7-14-179269 by Lance Hanson, on Flickr

Whistler 7-14-179124 by Lance Hanson, on Flickr

Whistler 7-14-179214 by Lance Hanson, on Flickr

Whistler 7-14-179247 by Lance Hanson, on Flickr

Whistler 7-14-179257 by Lance Hanson, on Flickr

Whistler 7-14-179260 by Lance Hanson, on Flickr

Update.....

ARB Rear Locker is in! First trail day with it this Sunday.

Got all the custom King suspension ordered and Archive Garage Deaver Expo leaf pack.

Patiently waiting for parts to start rolling in.

Starting to look into a solution to my tires rubbing in front fenders.....

Shradicalwyo

Adventurer
Time to ditch the flares?? I think Tundras look so much better without them.

I had to massage my inner liner a bit when I first got my SCS wheels, and that was on a 265/75.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior