Lhanson 1st Gen Tundra Build

bikerjosh

Explorer
Cave

Cave area referenced above is the "Reward Mine" outside of Independence, CA. Took my group through there on a DV trip in April of 2014.

lhanson

Adventurer
Been majorly slacking on here. Just under went graduation from CSU LA with Industrial Tech BS (Manufacturing) and moved from CA to WA! Lots of stuff happened to tundra. I will do a full report and detailed images after I finish buttoning up and powder coating some parts.

For now heres a teaser of the butt.....

lhanson

Adventurer
Tent rack

[video]http://s282.photobucket.com/user/lhansonphotography/media/2000%20Tundra/MAQ02289_zps17razkg9.mp4.html[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/fhVuqW6HGwg[/video]

Last edited:

Cletus26

Adventurer
Thanks. How do you get it back down once it's up? Can you do it alone or does it take 2 people to pull down on each side?

seanpistol

Explorer
Nice! Blackdawg on both here and Tacomaworld build something similar. Do you pin yours in place when it is in the up position?

lhanson

Adventurer
Thanks. How do you get it back down once it's up? Can you do it alone or does it take 2 people to pull down on each side?

You pull pins to start the down motion and hold in place with a tie down then jump on it to add more than the weight shocks can hold till it slides and locks in place. There is no need to lift to top section unless you are using the annex.

lhanson

Adventurer
Nice! Blackdawg on both here and Tacomaworld build something similar. Do you pin yours in place when it is in the up position?

It is pop pin setup. The bottom of the male leg is supported by the pin. It goes up just a hair above it so it can pop below it. So many advancements on all the first gen tundras! Its been to long since I have logged in hahaha.

Cletus26

Adventurer
I've been trying to figure out a way to do this (for annex use) but keep low for stability, wind, clearance etc. Would you be willing to take a few more detailed pictures for me? I have some of my own ideas but open to options

toyotech

Expedition Leader
That's a nice Bed rack set up. Maybe a cheap small winch to help lower it back down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lhanson

Adventurer
That's a nice Bed rack set up. Maybe a cheap small winch to help lower it back down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought about that but its too much work and money for how often it is in tallest setting. Diving on it works just fine for me haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior