1988 Suburban "MOBY"

tgdoumit

Adventurer

Three dimples show the mounting location for the clutch master cylinder for those swapping from auto to standard.
73-87 gm trucks up to 91 one ton, blazer and suburban. Don't know if it's all years but this is a question that comes up and not too many pix for the visual crew.

tgdoumit

Adventurer
Hey guys! Still here but been working 80 hour weeks with no days off. Throw in a 45 minute commute each way and that means all shop activities come to a halt. Hope to get back out there in a week or so to monkey around with this beastie some more!
Laters!!!

tgdoumit

Adventurer
hey guys, sorry about the pix. looks like photo bucket is no longer hosting 3rd party. i bet you knew that already... i need to figure out some pix if I'm going to continue this thread i guess.
here's what i have been doing. lots of family stuff lol. but, i have snuck in some time here and there for the suburban. i have all new hinges and strikers for the front doors and strikers for the rear. i have installed offload designs cross over steering on the ford dana 60 hp which is pretty beefy. i also bought a redhead steering gear when i switched to a 2wd box.. i did not find any other satisfactory reman'd boxes. what else? oh, i now have the slave cylinder hydraulics and am planning a crossmember for the trans... new tires that are about 34.5"- too mud terrains on dodge gen 3 alloys. this is not my first choice of wheel but they will do for now i guess.. the suburban is now officially too tall to drive out of the shop door... maybe some house mods are coming too...

tgdoumit

Adventurer
Two years later I am daily driving this beauty. I love it so much.
Come see it on Facebook “Moby Project”
Or on Instagram @moby_12er_burb
I don’t get back here often enough but follow the portal on IG.
Let me know what you think when you have seen it! It’s very close to done now, just a few things left to do that are needed then I will get back to the want category.

FBJR

Adventurer
Glad to see it is still a DD.

I switched directions, bought a diesel sub, sold the 1500 sub, selling the 2500 gasser now.

tgdoumit

Adventurer
I figured out what most everyone else did a long time ago only I did it this week. I thought I’d post a few pix for you so you can see where I’m at with this thing. Many of you have followed along with FB and IG. Thanks!
8484319503d6d1c9eeb269253ff769ef.jpg

839711256b0380c61764d2ad49c42968.jpg

569ca7dda933105f1a69d1c2fabcff8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior