Dodge Ram 5500 motorhome

adam88

Explorer
Adam, the kitchen or bathroom sink?
Sadly no we didn't get in to Expo this year. With the new location they have a reduced number of spots for big rigs and sold out a while ago. I tried getting in but sadly no luck this year. We decided late that we could go and sadly our loss. We could park out in the forest away from Expo but having done that in the past it isn't the experience we are seeking when we go to Expo. We do that quite a bit so for us the fun in Expo is the socializing all weekend.

We were also hoping to go to NWOR and BCOR but it looks like that is out as well. Our niece is getting married on June 24th. If we can we may slide out to NWOR but would have to zip straight back to the wedding.

Ward

hey Ward,

The kitchen sink.

RE: expo yes, I saw that... I went on to look and saw they have no more spots for vehicles over 10 feet tall. Seems poorly planned to me. Too bad!!! Oh well. Expo's loss :)

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Wonderful pics as usual Ward.
Mike, Sarah and I are still relishing our dinner/visit with you and Annie.

Ahhh, I didn't know Scott was S2DM! I've spoken to him many times on here. And there's Java's ITB race rig--hadn't seen a bigger picture of it yet.

Pics from EJS '17?

Healeyjet

Explorer
There will be some EJS17 pics coming but my main computer crashed the week after I got back so it has been a bit of a process getting back up. I had a lot backed up but I did loose all my emails going back about 10 years.

Adam, I have looked through my paperwork and cannot find the model number of the sink. When it gets back to my driveway this afternoon I will see if I can see anything on the bottom of it.

Ward

Healeyjet

Explorer
There will be some EJS17 pics coming but my main computer crashed the week after I got back so it has been a bit of a process getting back up. I had a lot backed up but I did loose all my emails going back about 10 years.

Adam, I have looked through my paperwork and cannot find the model number of the sink. When it gets back to my driveway this afternoon I will see if I can see anything on the bottom of it.

Ward

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Great trips and good times. I really like this rig, glad to see you guys getting your time on the road in it too!

Healeyjet

Explorer
Thanks Greg. I do notice that many of the threads on here go on for years as a build thread and was unsure how to take the "build thread" to a travel one. Annie and I have been very lucky that we could complete the build thread phase and shift to a travel phase so quickly.

Ward

Darwin

Explorer
Quick question Ward. I am considering a Ram 5500 and torn between going with 4.88 or 4.44 gears. How do you like the 4.44 gearing with those tires? Do you wish you would have went with the 4.88's? Not sure of the math on it, but I would like to end up around 4.10 with the taller tires.

Healeyjet

Explorer
I really like the gearing we have. I have never driven a similar unit with 4.88s so not sure how that would play out. We are quick off the line and have great highway speed. Also good power for the off-road miles we have done.
So far very happy with what we have.

Ward

Last edited:

S2DM

Adventurer
4.88 with 41's ends up being a final ratio of about 3.7~ I believe. Even on my V10 gasser, thats a good ratio. Pretty good balace between power and lower rpm at highway speeds for MPG concerns.

Healeyjet

Explorer
I just had a request for more information about the space over the cab, if it can be used as a bed and the answer is absolutely. I want to add in a photo of the area over the cab converted to a bed. We do not have a mattress up there in the photo we just put a Thermarest air mattress to make it somewhat comfortable for our son while we took the photo. The area above the cab is sized for a twin mattress so 39" x 75" is no problem. Our son in the photo is 6'5" tall and can easily sleep up there.

Ward

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior