Dodge Ram 5500 motorhome

java

Expedition Leader
I know lots of guys that get moving blankets and use them for what you want - myself included. Good price, good insulation, little sewing.

There just so happen to be two Harbor Freight ones in my truck Right at this very moment :sombrero:

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
That should be fun. But remember the rules of the virtual world. If there is no photos it's just alternate facts (I.e. Didn't happen).

Healeyjet

Explorer
Last photos from Glamis Dunes
Annie doing up her daily travel journal

Next morning we rented a buggy and went for a two hour rip around the dunes. Only got stuck once so lots of fun. Near the end of the two hours though we went over a small dune then straight up into another dune. The buggy jammed into the dune ahead of us and both of our heads lurched forward. Not being used to the weight of the helmets meant both of us got a bit of whiplash effect. I am good now but Annie is still hurting a bit. Nothing serious but still something to watch out for when we wear heavy helmets again! I am used to the weight of a large head but not the additional helmet weight, LOL.
Ward

Ward

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
Hey Ward if you want to see something kinda weird, check out Salton City and check the history out. It's about an hour from Glamis.

Healeyjet

Explorer
WE are in the San Francisco area now. Heading up the coast to Portland and Seattle shortly. Then on to Vancouver and over across the mountains to home. Full trip report when I get back home.
Ward

You sir have inspired me! I have dreamt of a expedition type vehicle for years and it's finally becoming a reality. My wife and I just welcomed our first child and I'm trying to build a "one rig to do it all"
I am in the processes of building something very similar to your rig with Trivan in Washington. (I believe they are the sister company to ITB.) My rig will be on a F550 crew cab with a 12' bed. I have sooooo many questions for you. Any way I can email with a few questions? I'd love the chance to learn from your process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan