14er hiking (CO)

I'd like to hike "a few" this season, wanted to see if there was anyone else around CO that would be interested. Going to sign up at 14ers.com as well.

-Sean

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
In late June, I'll be doing my 14er medley, camping at the base of Greys & Torreys and wrapping Bierstadt & Mt. Evans. I'll keep you updated on the dates if you want to join in any of them?

Funrover

Expedition Leader
I will see when I have free. I am hoping to bike Mt.Princeton and Pikes Peak this summer!

Yeah, that'd be great!

Bike? Princeton is dirt, Evans is paved and graded dirt, right? That actually sounds pretty cool. Brutal, but cool.

I'd like to do Longs this summer, among others.

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
You can get a pretty good ways up Princeton on the dirt road, but eventually it spurs off onto rock and trail. Fairly easy one to bag (unless you're a purest that needs to ascend at least 4k feet on foot).

Sean - I'd be interested, although most of our hikes these days have become slow strolls with at least one whiny kid...

redbeard

Adventurer
I've done Priceton in summer and winter. I don't know about biking down the top 2,000 feet, where it is just an old mining trail. The road would be fun. Anyone know the elevation of the TH at the bottom (my winter starting point)?

I think it's like 5k feet from there to the top.

Bergger

Explorer
I have to warn you about 14ers. Once you do one you will probably be hooked on them. My wife and I started just two years ago and have 8 done so far. It is addicting. So far we've done Grays, Torreys, Bierstadt, Sherman, Quandry, La Plata, Humbolt and Princeton. 14ers.com is a great site for information. We don't have any planned yet this year but I think I'll start doing that soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears