Ambulance Conversion - New Modifications.

quickfarms

Adventurer
When's California going to stop being such a fascist putz?

It's not California, it is federal. California took the federal government to court and lost, so now the federal government has the authority to enforce it everywhere. If the local authority does not enforce it to there liking they can and will withhold federal highway funds.

The federal law specifically states where the required lights are to be located and where they are not.

The states can add attitudinal requirements that are not in the federal regulations

The photos do not show the required clearance and marker lights on the ambulance body

The blacked out covers are a violation because the law states all lights must be operational.

The white lights are a violation because only headlights and high beams are allowed to point straight out. Flood lights must be aimed at the ground near the vehicle.

The red and blue side and forward facing lights are a violation.

The forward facing red reflectors are a violation.

The amber lights are also a violation.

The siren is a real touchy one, the pa portion and horn function are ok but the siren is not.

The stripe should be removed.

There are multiple exemptions and modifications to the requirements for specific types or uses of vehicles.

Basically the officer did you a favor by not listing everything individually or just impounding the vehicle.

Last edited:

tgreening

Expedition Leader
It's not California, it is federal. California took the federal government to court and lost, so now the federal government has the authority to enforce it everywhere. If the local authority does not enforce it to there liking they can and will withhold federal highway funds.

The federal law specifically states where the required lights are to be located and where they are not.

The states can add attitudinal requirements that are not in the federal regulations

The photos do not show the required clearance and marker lights on the ambulance body

The blacked out covers are a violation because the law states all lights must be operational.

The white lights are a violation because only headlights and high beams are allowed to point straight out. Flood lights must be aimed at the ground near the vehicle.

The red and blue side and forward facing lights are a violation.

The forward facing red reflectors are a violation.

The amber lights are also a violation.

The siren is a real touchy one, the pa portion and horn function are ok but the siren is not.

The stripe should be removed.

There are multiple exemptions and modifications to the requirements for specific types or uses of vehicles.

Basically the officer did you a favor by not listing everything individually or just impounding the vehicle.

My comment had nothing to do with his lights or the cops citation. :)

yzeevy

Adventurer
Overheating Solenoid - continues

I have two solenoids that handles the power connections.
One is 100A, triggered by the "Main" switch. and one 200A triggered by the start key.
Replaced the 100A because it was cracked but it still overheating (It won't cause blisters but I can't keep touching it).

So far, the source of the problem is from the cable that transfers power to the back.
I transferred the cable to the 200A solenoid and in 2-3 minutes this one too was overheated.
Its obvious that there is too much current running thru this cable.

What makes me frustrated, non of the cables or wires or any component on the control panel is overheated ! !

Another symptom.

There is also an 80A solenoid who connects the 2 battery packs for charging while driving.
When triggered, this one gets overheated too!

So, how I troubleshoot this ? ! ?

IS THIS NORMAL OPERATING TEMP?

Last edited:

yzeevy

Adventurer
Ceiling

Basically the ceiling is done.
20161025_123808_01.jpg
The new height is 68.5", (5' 8.5").
I am standing strait up and steel have another 1.5" space.
Now I have to find a way to close the gap between the previous height and the new one.
Any suggestions / ideas ? ! ?
20161025_123830.jpg
20161025_123907_01.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior