QuadsBC's 05 Double Cab Tundra Family Expo Build

toyotech

Expedition Leader
It's not a van, but a built Sequoia would be sweet! Still won't tow much tho. There are some nice overland E350s out there.

Sequoia would be close but the van has so much more interior room and easier to build the interior out for camping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AaronK

Explorer
I love the truck, but I need something that can tow more weight. I'm in the military and will be moving every few years. I'm purchasing an enclosed car hauler trailer so I can stop wasting my money on rental trucks and storage facilities. I'm looking for a 1997-2003 ford e350 7.3 diesel 4x4 or 2wd and I'll convert it to 4wd. I've been asked why a van, and the simple answer is... at this point my truck is closer to being a van than a truck. Having heat and ac in the back would be nice for my dog.
E350 will be a sweet family adventure rig

QuadsBC

Adventurer
Losing another great tundra build. I do love the 4x4 vans. If it had Toyota drivetrain. I would seriously consider One too lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm hoping the tundra will go to someone who has an access cab but wants more room or is planning on kids. It's a hard decision to switch to American, but Toyota doesn't make a diesel. I could switch to a newer tundra but their fuel mileage suck and I don't believe they will hold value as well.

As far a switching to a sequoia, it isn't rated for towing like a van and I'd rather keep the truck after all the work I've put into it.

seanpistol

Explorer
Nice! I got my brother to find one with the e-locker in the rear. It had coilovers already installed and he threw 33s on right before he came down to Moab. Everything he pointed it at he easily crawled over and he got cocky by the end of the first day. After he said "I want to do something you can't do", he dove into Mickey's Hot Tub, which I could only get out of the same way I went in. He ******** his pants when he about flipped the damn thing trying to get up the steep wall! He also ended up going out the way he went in. That rig killed it on this trip and he paid $3400 for it.

r.kaldhusdal

Nice! I got my brother to find one with the e-locker in the rear. It had coilovers already installed and he threw 33s on right before he came down to Moab. Everything he pointed it at he easily crawled over and he got cocky by the end of the first day. After he said "I want to do something you can't do", he dove into Mickey's Hot Tub, which I could only get out of the same way I went in. He ******** his pants when he about flipped the damn thing trying to get up the steep wall! He also ended up going out the way he went in. That rig killed it on this trip and he paid $3400 for it.

No coilovers but the toytec 3" lift. But pretty awesome for inexpensive rig. Only real damage besides a couple small dents in the rear bumper is the torn steering rack bushings to be replaced this weekend along with a tune up and transmission drain and fill.

And the tub of doom....

greygoosefj

Sucks you gotta sell, this is a sweet rig and has been the inspiration for my own 06 Double Cab! Can you snap a couple pics of your ditch light brackets?

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I have an AC and if I needed more passenger space. I would get a sequoia over a DC tundra. But that's just me. I just don't like how the DC drives. Too long for me and u turns suck. Guess I'm coming from a 4Runner so I try to keep my wheel base short. The AC was my limit lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PHeller

Adventurer
QuadsBC, just popping in to say "great build!"

Just read the entire thread in between tasks at work (slow day).

Did it ever sell? I told myself my new (used) Tundra would be last gas camping/hauling vehicle. Hopefully in a few years when my Tundra is a pile after 300k, diesels will be so common that you'll actually be able to get them for reasonable money. Downside is of course finding a modern full-size diesel with good rear seats and "only" a 6' bed. People say the Tundra Double Cab is big?

I'm curious, you're had a mild build and relatively minor trimming. Do you think a 34" equivalent in a narrower size with similar offset wheels and UCA cranked forward might fit without rubbing and without the firewall trim?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online