2013 Silverado 1500 Build Thread

07SilveradoVA

Awesome thread! love you sliders, do you have any building plans for them? what exactly is the point of the bump out at the rear? or the sliders

Barb The Yeti

Observer
Great thread! Way to DIY on the sliders & bumper!
Thank you! I had a hard time finding any decent sliders for a silverado, and rear bumpers are so expensive!! It was my first fabrication project, and was fun to figure everything out.
I will hopefully have a front bumper put together soon as well! Here is a rendering.
20160526_193935_zps6p2sib9v.jpg

Awesome thread! love you sliders, do you have any building plans for them? what exactly is the point of the bump out at the rear? or the sliders
I do have some rough plans for them, I can send them to you if you want. The rear bump functions as a step, but its main function is as a "kickout". The theory is that it will prevent rear body damage by pushing the truck away from jutting rocks, especially on long wheelbase vehicles.

Last edited:

ocblaze

Great looking front bumper! I'm also in the planning stage for a front and rear bumper. Do you have anymore pictures of the front bumper and maybe some plans? It turned out fantastic!

wrmmt

Adventurer
Looking great! Good job on the bumpers, that front one looks great. Trying to figure out what I want to do for bumpers now as well.

Barb The Yeti

Observer
Looking great! Good job on the bumpers, that front one looks great. Trying to figure out what I want to do for bumpers now as well.

My suggestion, keep the weight down. I see all of these aftermarket front bumpers weighing more than 150 Ibs. I can guarantee my front bumper is under 70 Ibs. Also, watch your approach angle with some of these aftermarket bumpers, that was my main concern, and one of the reasons I ended up building my own.

Last edited:

wrmmt

Adventurer
My suggestion, keep the weight down. I see all of these aftermarket front bumpers weighing more than 150 Ibs. I can guarantee my front bumper is under 70 Ibs. Also, watch your approach angle with some of these aftermarket bumpers, that was my main concern, and one of the reasons I ended up building my own.

Yeah, there are very few (if any) bumpers for the 07-13s that I like, most are just way too much in my opinion. And approach angle on some of those is not the most appealing either... Hoping to keep it light as well, well see how it goes. At this point leaning towards the prerunner style tube bumper, either a custom build or the one LEX offroad makes.

Barb The Yeti

Observer
Hey so I found out the BDS 4" and 6" kits cost almost exactly the same, so I am wondering if I should go with the 4" and trim out the fenders for 35's, or do a 6" and 35's.
Is that much height a good thing? would it be unstable?
I am definitely not afraid of trimming.

Barb The Yeti

Observer
Big update for me!
Did the following mods:
King 2.5 resi Coilovers front and rear
1" block lift in rear
Heretic Studios Lightbars (had just one 20" in the front) now have 20" in the front 30" in the front and 2 pods in the rear
Bussman RTMR Relay/ fuse box and in cab ashtray switch panel (link to how to guide below)
http://www.bodenzord.com/archives/473
Home fabbed front skid plate (3/16 steel)
Also did the NorCal Fender mod in anticipation of new wheels and 35's!
PICS
20170321_150448_zpshe42dl8x.jpg

20170321_150453_zpswcxqngcg.jpg

20170310_181949_zpseb09k2gy.jpg

The new Kings are HUGE! thats a size 12 shoe for comparison
20170310_122221_zpsbysylghi.jpg

Cut a piece of acrylic out to snugly fit into the very useless ashtray compartment
20170313_232800_zpsdvzomahx.jpg

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Nice looking upgrades there Yeti! Those King coils and shocks must make a huge difference to your ride. Cheers, Chilli..:)

Barb The Yeti

Observer
Finally! 35's are here. General x3's in 35x12.5R17 on method Grids
20170329_182632_zpszmmsw7vs.jpg

20170329_182647_zpswmmejavn.jpg

lots of trimming done to fit, a little more to keep em from rubbing flexed out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior