2000 Tundra "catch and release" expo rig

AddictedOffroad

Adventurer
And this is why timing belts need to be done every 90k. This is what they look like with 183k on them. Falling apart. The spark plugs were original as well.

image.jpg

Water pump had some light pink residue on the weep hole as well. All of it needed to be done. Truck should be good to go after this.

bkg

Explorer
1/16" off the caliper side of where they bolt to the spindle. Basically there is a raised pad where they bolt on. And you need to take that pad flush with the rest of the caliper.

The rotor also rubbed a little on the outside of each caliper, so I ground a little there as well. Its not hard to see when you bolt it all together. I bolt the unloaded caliper on to see where it needs to be clearanced. Then realized about the mounting pad when I put the new pads in place and tried to put them on.

Scotty - does shaving require lathe worth or just a hit with a grinder?

FJR Colorado

Explorer
Very cool build.

I think you will like the Toytec Boss kit on the Tundra. It has worked out well on my 2006 DC.

Be careful in front though... At first I had mine at full height and the original boots. Chucked grease like crazy. Lowered it to reduce the extreme angle some and went with new high angle boots. Much softer compound. Plus, old boots just get cranky and lazy when suddenly being cocked after sitting at the same angle for years. See my build thread for more info. Better to do it while she's all apart.

AddictedOffroad

Adventurer
Very cool build.

I think you will like the Toytec Boss kit on the Tundra. It has worked out well on my 2006 DC.

Be careful in front though... At first I had mine at full height and the original boots. Chucked grease like crazy. Lowered it to reduce the extreme angle some and went with new high angle boots. Much softer compound. Plus, old boots just get cranky and lazy when suddenly being cocked after sitting at the same angle for years. See my build thread for more info. Better to do it while she's all apart.

I've installed tons of these kits and already have the 911 CV boots and big hose clamps ready just in case.

AddictedOffroad

Adventurer
The camper had the original 12v converter that wasn't working at all. Meaning the heater and interior lights wouldn't work. Only the outlets when plugged into shore power. So, it needed updating.

Benefit is that it now charges the battery when plugged in as well.

The old unit.
36d9d903944f9d3a7ee5364a68c6a868.jpg

New one.
24cdf8b999ef90b12a8f9b7e9efb865b.jpg

There was also a slight leak in the propane regulator. So, i picked up a bbq one at Home Depot to replace it.

5631b0a410b65d5eef10c8126907e4e1.jpg

AaronK

Explorer
Haha same old converter in my old pop up. I haven't used it yet but I don't have high expectations

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

AddictedOffroad

Adventurer
Haha same old converter in my old pop up. I haven't used it yet but I don't have high expectations

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

Yeah, it sucks that they aren't 3way converters to begin with. Meaning it won't charge the battery when plugged into shore power.

Mine was surging and wouldn't even run the interior lights let alone the furnace. New one is much more efficient.

I do plan to throw a 40w solar panel on the roof too for charging it/maintaining it when not in use and may even run a power wire from the alternator direct to the batteries to recharge when the motor is running as well.

busmup808

I've installed tons of these kits and already have the 911 CV boots and big hose clamps ready just in case.
By any chance you have a part # and where you purchased these 911 cv boots. Mahaloz in advance.

Your black 4runner is still my inspiration for my 98 4runner and I too have a 07 Limited Sequoia. Funny thing is both of your trucks are the same color as mines. I'm really digging your build as of all of your builds!

sent from my Hawn fingers

huntsonora

Explorer
Hopefully when all of this stuff is done, I will have another 100K left in this truck.

Gears will be here Monday as well.

What would it run to have you guys put gears in my 06 Tundra? Have you put one of your bumpers on a 1st gen DC?

I guarantee you'll have more than 100k left in it when it's all said and done.

AddictedOffroad

Adventurer
By any chance you have a part # and where you purchased these 911 cv boots. Mahaloz in advance.

Your black 4runner is still my inspiration for my 98 4runner and I too have a 07 Limited Sequoia. Funny thing is both of your trucks are the same color as mines. I'm really digging your build as of all of your builds!

sent from my Hawn fingers

They are just cv boots for a 79-86 Porsche 911

Thx for the props on my old black 4runner. I hear its still on the road/trail with the guy who got it off me in Northern CA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior