15' Silverado build

Ds4x4

Observer
Any pictures of the mount for the fuse block install?
Only took what 8 months to get around to it. Gotta reverse the wires on the ACR and get the wires for the fuse block. I went ahead and used 4 bolts to the handles that disconnect the vehicle fuse block. Worked out great and should be plenty secure.

On another note, have some other stuff coming in - universal brackets from front runner, AuxBeam dual row lightbar for the rack. Midland gmrs radio as well. Possibly getting some rgb rock lights (Amazon of course) and maybe some LUX later on.

Hoping to get everything installed by weds morning and get on the road towards PA.
66634535fc58ffbac17cf8938309665f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ds4x4

Observer
Did the air bags affect ride quality at all?
Not really. With all the weight on a 1500 the rear was sagging a little and soft on bumps. The bags leveled it out and actually absorb some of the bumps too.

Ds4x4

Observer
I am surprised the truck was sagging.........what is the payload of your truck?
You figure.. full tank of fuel, fiberglass Cap with aluminum skeleton (every bit of 200lbs), frontrunner rack (around70lbs) and the 23zero tent on top(110-120lbs). That's before even putting supplies in the bed.

The payload is something like 2k for max towing package. And I say sag but really the back dropped maybe an 1" or 2" and the springs got a little soft on bumps. Enough to bring my headlights up into oncoming traffic. Bags just helped keep everything level and stiffen the springs back up a little

soaringeagle

Thanks for the info, i was thinking of getting the KingCamp on amazon for the rear its got an arched roof that hopefully will allow for the window to go all the way up. That will be a after expo deal. I did just buy one of the 79" awnings that is on the CVT trailer headed for the expo and a Mesh room that has to be shipped. Looking forward to the Rack getting here tomorrow for sure but buying it ate up the tent budget for this trip. I think we are looking pretty hard at the Summit Series for CVT since we might be encountering from Snowfall on trips northward. 23zero is on the list too, interested to see them.

I guess the big question is does anyone know where to get some of these metal pieces for the ARE cross bars? do they look familiar? I need to come up with a solution so i can mount the awning and the Rack in the channels if needed. Worst case i can just Grind down some thick washers and figure out how to tighten it down. i'll most likely order some security bolts once i return from Expo and figure out what im gunna need.

The king camp works well and is very versatile. I used one this summer and would recommend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ds4x4

Observer
A couple shots of the latest additions and some from MOST 17'
094006063507d1a76c2a5311fffee120.jpg
242ca67598019308a5c26bbceacd34fe.jpg
339c29d002960d3d2b7e17b9778d4b87.jpg

7852ab3b39365c4e885d02285ab9969a.jpg

a80f2d84d2a3eeff4e01bf3c8d426635.jpg

these two are just an example of the 42" dual row AuxBeam lightbar. Hard to beat that for the price, we will see how long it holds up.

7fdb2be2f4bb886c2fed5926bd8935a9.jpg
7e809644ab782da700ef26cf2f074524.jpg

herm

Adventurer
Nice truck! I just traded in my 09 for a 15 crew z71 with 6.5 bed. Really liking the new truck. Going to have to get the front skids and the airbags fitted to mine. Any tips? The Firestone bags replace the stock jounce bumpers? i never did like that about the set on my 09. I will be keeping stock height. I am planning on mounting a couple big Lightforce lights I have in stock in-front of the grill, off of the square tube that runs diagonal up to the latch. I have the hill descent also, so that bars one from using the stock aux switches?

I use the grooves in the front of the console to hold my phones, and run a charging cable from the console bin so the flaps over the other connections are closed. Ill probably put my switches on the side of the console where the fake wood is, above the pocket. I hate having extra light above me when driving at night.

It looks like there is plenty of room for a winch behind the stock bumper, with a modified skid you could integrate the mount to the skid location. duel battery is on my list as well. Is the hot on the 7 blade trailer connector hooked up from the factory or do you have to do it yourself like the last gen gm pickups?

Ds4x4

Observer
Nice truck! I just traded in my 09 for a 15 crew z71 with 6.5 bed. Really liking the new truck. Going to have to get the front skids and the airbags fitted to mine. Any tips? The Firestone bags replace the stock jounce bumpers? i never did like that about the set on my 09. I will be keeping stock height. I am planning on mounting a couple big Lightforce lights I have in stock in-front of the grill, off of the square tube that runs diagonal up to the latch. I have the hill descent also, so that bars one from using the stock aux switches?

I use the grooves in the front of the console to hold my phones, and run a charging cable from the console bin so the flaps over the other connections are closed. Ill probably put my switches on the side of the console where the fake wood is, above the pocket. I hate having extra light above me when driving at night.

It looks like there is plenty of room for a winch behind the stock bumper, with a modified skid you could integrate the mount to the skid location. duel battery is on my list as well. Is the hot on the 7 blade trailer connector hooked up from the factory or do you have to do it yourself like the last gen gm pickups?
The airbags replace the jounce bumpers. The model I got have internal jounce bumpers for added safety and cushion as well. For the skids you can just get the kit either eBay or your dealer if it's cheaper, comes with everything you need.

For the stock switches my parts guy couldn't find the right combo of switches for it to work. Since its a circuit board and not just wired switches it makes it a little difficult.

I think what I have read the biggest issue with a hidden winch mount is the bumper doesn't give a good line. There is one guy on here that has a custom hidden winch mount, ran about 1k installed.

For the 7blade I think mine is hooked up because I have the max trailer package. I think it would charge my camper when I had it hooked up. I never verified it though.

Stan Halen

DS,

Thanks for sharing all of this information and your progress with the build. Any updates in the last year and a half? Hope all is well. I am in the market for a used truck to build something like what you have done. Your posts have been inspirational and informative and just wanted to say thanks and hope that an update is in store!

jpop8807

Observer
Wait were both rims 17's? Or did you switch to 17? My friends z came with 18s he's trying to go an odd 285 75 18 which is a skinny tall tire but said it's a pain because of the square wheel wells without a rather large lift.

jpop8807

Observer
Not a whole lot going on. Dual battery is Doing great, still have to wire in the fuse panel in the bed. Usually keep the ACR shut off as I only have the side lights on the second battery as of yet. Tires have been great and so has the tent. Hopefully get around to doing some stuff in June as we get some money together.

Had a 8day snowboarding trip to winter park that was pure awesome to finish the season.
Now it's time for summer sports.

5c29ec0e699743fcc15d77f5884bbcde.jpg
595f44aae8388fc8cb51e28b87098c42.jpg
9fa94fa29726a9f7c354128b95cc40c5.jpg

Dude is this colorado?

D45

Explorer
So you swapped to a 17" wheel setup?

With a 2.5" kit it's good to know a 285/70/17 tire fits......basically a 32.7x11.2 tire

I am still searching for what tire size to use on my 2016 with a 3.5" kit

I am leaning towards a 33 x 11.2 so I don't rub

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles