ExPo's 2000 7.3 Excursion Build

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Alright here are the photos as promised. There are no pins so I cant setup a proper layout. Items are mostly there for scale minus the bottom row. Also the box will be run vertical like in the final picture

The case is really deep so I will probably run spare fuel bottles behind the stove. I also plan to run velcro spice bottles to the inside of the lid, making them easy to grab and organize while cooking.

weberjeff

Alright here are the photos as promised. There are no pins so I cant setup a proper layout. Items are mostly there for scale minus the bottom row. Also the box will be run vertical like in the final picture

The case is really deep so I will probably run spare fuel bottles behind the stove. I also plan to run velcro spice bottles to the inside of the lid, making them easy to grab and organize while cooking.

Looks good Chris. I pondered a thought, instead of Velcro for the spices, can you rivet or glue in stainless strips of metal and use the magnetic spice jars. I didn't know if you planned to keep them on the lid while traveling. I like the bumper. When you get it in can you share what custom things you had them do?

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
That was my original plan, but I was worried that the shaking on the road might jar them loose. The swingouts on bumpers tend to get more feedback than other areas of the truck, and I wouid need to use fairly large magnets. Still might work though!

chet6.7

Explorer
Nice rig.
Looking forward to the rear bumper/tire carrier,can you give some more information?
I have been waiting for AEV to get theirs out,it's kind of like trying to watch a tree grow.

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
So I spent an hour wandering around home depot looking for something that would work as a connecting pin. I was about to give up when I thought back to the room I had been working in that morning and the hair pin I stepped on. I bought a pack of xl bobby pins and they worked perfectly :wings:
99 cent solutions are the best

jesser

02 Excursion
Chris,

I need to know more about your buck stop rear bumper. I've been looking for a swing out rear bumper for a while and thought Aluminess was my only option. Did buckstop drill in the rear parking sensors?

We need more pics of this bad boy. I'll call Buckstop and ask for the "Chris Excursion" bumper... :wings:

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Chris,

I need to know more about your buck stop rear bumper. I've been looking for a swing out rear bumper for a while and thought Aluminess was my only option. Did buckstop drill in the rear parking sensors?

We need more pics of this bad boy. I'll call Buckstop and ask for the "Chris Excursion" bumper... :wings:

The cool thing about buckstop is they'll accommodate whatever you want. I specified that I wanted reverse lights, parking sensors, dual swingouts, and an Alubox 120 on the one side. They made it up and are sending it over :)

bigskypylot

Explorer
The cool thing about buckstop is they'll accommodate whatever you want. I specified that I wanted reverse lights, parking sensors, dual swingouts, and an Alubox 120 on the one side. They made it up and are sending it over :)

Would they make something for a 1 ton that looks like the Pre-Runner ADD bumpers? I like the new Buckstop for the 2017 Earthroamer, and your ARB looks great. Most others are too large and gaudy

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
They might but its probably not their gig. Those sorts of bumpers are good for rock crawling and racing because they are light and protect against rocks, but worthless for much else. Products like buckstop and ARB are intended to protect you and the vehicle in case of an animal strike or accident, deflecting the carcass down and to the sides away from the windshield, and protecting the radiator and motor to give you a shot and driving back to civilaztion

bigskypylot

Explorer
What I would really like, is a copy of my Shrockworks for a Super Duty or F150. Absent that, I think I'd go with an ARB front and Buckstop rear like you're doing. It's good that they are willing to do some custom stuff. How long has it taken since you first put in the order?

FB_IMG_1487275767412.jpg

IMP095

Well Im still waiting on some parts for the lift, but a friend was in desperate need of the tires currently on my truck so we figured what the heck, lets try 35's on no lift. Turned out pretty well haha. Two pics with the running boards, one without!

Looks a lot better without the running boards.
So what did the BFGs go on?

Kratos1070

This build is exactly what i have been looking for. I have a 2000 Ex 7.3 4x4 as well that i want to build up for over landing here in Texas. Thanks for all the details!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier