M2 Freightliner Ambulance Conversion Project. 2007 Crew Cab

scooter421

Adventurer
Yeah, you got the advanced plumbing kit for sure. I'm excited about pressurized water. I can't show my wife what you're doing. She'll have higher expectations! I can't wait to see how it all works out.

Scooter...

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Tested out the flat type shower head with a 2.8 gpm pump (smaller than what we will install). Seems to work OK. Now to see how I can make the pipe work fit in the cavity above the thunder box.
5342dcb51e03b3061f705d83a9a6a72b.jpg

And as a bonus we found an ideal mural for our rig.

9b25e4932e8d54f7e789efd0adeafcfa.jpg

Coachgeo

Explorer
Tested out the flat type shower head with a 2.8 gpm pump (smaller than what we will install). Seems to work OK. Now to see how I can make the pipe work fit in the cavity above the thunder box.
if you put it in the ceiling just make sure to set it up where the pump and hose path allows to drain back so no water is in it in the winter. Otherwise it will freeze.

patoz

Expedition Leader
And since everyone is giving you advice... Once you get all that installed, add a hand held sprayer so you can actually get some water pressure to the areas that need it. That 'gentle rain shower in the forest' shower head isn't going to cut it, even if it does keep Mama happy.

Personally, I like a shower head that will slam you up against the wall and hold you there, but that's a little impractical in a camper.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Yep already covered both of those. We will have the Oxygenics handheld as well as the “rain”. We will have low point drains on all lines. Also looking at making a version of the diversion valve to circulate hot water back to the water tank like someone posted somewhere on here.

Also looking at running the heating lines in the same insulated covers as the water lines.

Since our water heating system has engine pre heat and 2 other heating circuits along with the instant hot water we will have one heating circuit for the living cabins (front and back) and then the second circuit to heat all the external cabinets and water tanks.

Looking at having a heated towel rail in the thunder box.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Well dang, you might as well go ahead and add a heated seat for the Thunder Box, and a heated bidet to boot!

toiletRead.gif

rossvtaylor

Adventurer
Well, I learned something new today, Bevan. You're on Instagram! Following.

Which AquaHot did you get? We've been looking at those, too. Thanks!

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Well, I learned something new today, Bevan. You're on Instagram! Following.

Which AquaHot did you get? We've been looking at those, too. Thanks!

Yeah don’t expect to be bombarded with photos. I think I average 1 every 6 weeks.

Ok just checked the old photos. It is a Hydra-Hot HHE-200-08E

Picked it up as part of a package deal with the diesel generator. Had .8 hours on the clock and never installed. If you are getting one check with me about the little radiators/heaters. I think I have way more than I need.

a5e41992b4f3a6711898e9454735d948.jpg

patoz

Expedition Leader
Bevan, is that just a heater coil with a couple of cooling fans blowing air thru it? It looks like a pretty nice unit.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Also, I know you're planning on adding larger tires and wheels, so if you enlarge your rear wheel wheels and remove the SCBA storage compartment doors, please let me know if you want to get rid of them. ?

sshot-2018-04-11-[1].png

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Bevan, is that just a heater coil with a couple of cooling fans blowing air thru it? It looks like a pretty nice unit.

Yes that’s what they are. Basically a little radiator with a computer fan or 2. Glycol is used in the heating circuits.

I would of liked to go with floor heating but don’t want to lose the 3/4” that it would take.

I will let you know about the scuba tank holders. Hoping to keep them in place for all sorts of things.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Since I don't have an engine, those little heater cores won't do me any good, but I still thought they were cool looking.

Like me, you have probably already figured out those SCBA doors will be perfect for covering your water fills (both city and gravity), and various electrical connections, and maybe even propane connections. Just add a recessed box behind them, and mount your item of choice in back of it.

Or, you could use at least one of them to carry a CO2 cylinder to inflate your tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste