17 Days in Baja (video)

Big50

Adventurer
Great video thanks for sharing. Love the drone footage. Pretty cool seeing the Fj cruise down the beach with the beautiful sea in the background. Watching strictly footage from a vehicle gets rather boring.

BTW, what setup are you using. Gopro?

Planet Earth

Observer
Great video thanks for sharing. Love the drone footage. Pretty cool seeing the Fj cruise down the beach with the beautiful sea in the background. Watching strictly footage from a vehicle gets rather boring.

BTW, what setup are you using. Gopro?

Hi thank you for your comment,:) I was using Gopro3 black edition, and Gopro4 silver edition, the drone is DJI Phantom 2.

v_man

Explorer
I've been thinking about getting a DJI Phantom 2... did you get a 'practice drone' first , or fly anything else before the Phantom ? Was it hard to learn to fly it ?

The Phantom looks amazing , just wondering what I'm getting into with a $1000 drone , don't want to lose it to quickly ... thanks !

Planet Earth

Observer
I've been thinking about getting a DJI Phantom 2... did you get a 'practice drone' first , or fly anything else before the Phantom ? Was it hard to learn to fly it ?

The Phantom looks amazing , just wondering what I'm getting into with a $1000 drone , don't want to lose it to quickly ... thanks !

I started with a small quardcopter, did a lot of hours flying, broke 4 of them until I learned how to fly, then I invested in the Phantom 2 its much easier to fly. I suggest you do the same.
Since I LOVE aerial photography and I am getting more into it, a few months back I invested in a new drone, Inspire 1 by DJI. Its dual remote control, Master for the pilot and slave for the cameramen with 4K camera, it is capeble of flying 2 miles range and 1500 feet elevation. I'm loving it:)

Tacovendor

Explorer
Great video, 100% in doing what you want to do, this forum is about enjoying life and it's freedoms. Thanks viva Baja!

SCRAT

Some of the best Overland Drone video I have seen in the Baja! I agree that some places are better kept a secret, but in no way is the Baja a secret, and not known by many. People have just become fearful of the medias portrayal of Mexico and thus not willing to explore all it has to offer. This is the same for many places around the world. If they (those who are afraid of traveling there) only knew of some of the places in LA, Chicago, or Detroit they would be afraid of many places in America too.

Its Adventure: noun
an exciting or very unusual experience.
participation in exciting undertakings or enterprises:
the spirit of adventure.
a bold, usually risky undertaking; hazardous action of uncertain outcome. for a reason and not Disney World.

ITS NOT DISNEY WORLD! (Nothing against Mickey)

Planet Earth

Observer
Some of the best Overland Drone video I have seen in the Baja! I agree that some places are better kept a secret, but in no way is the Baja a secret, and not known by many. People have just become fearful of the medias portrayal of Mexico and thus not willing to explore all it has to offer. This is the same for many places around the world. If they (those who are afraid of traveling there) only knew of some of the places in LA, Chicago, or Detroit they would be afraid of many places in America too.

Its Adventure: noun
an exciting or very unusual experience.
participation in exciting undertakings or enterprises:
the spirit of adventure.
a bold, usually risky undertaking; hazardous action of uncertain outcome. for a reason and not Disney World.

ITS NOT DISNEY WORLD! (Nothing against Mickey)

Thank you! well said

alia176

Explorer
really enjoyed an entirely different perspective, thanks for the effort. I know it takes a **** ton of time putting a short clip together. I'll be going there, some day.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12