The Sunset Build - 2004 Tahoe

rayra

Expedition Leader
315s ought to be ~~17-1/4" radius. Measure from the center of your front wheel as it sits straight ahead and as with the tires fully cocked. You might have clearance trouble at the front bottom corners of the air dam under the bomper and at the inner back of the front wheel wells. The rears shouldn't be an issue. Clearance there is roughly 18.5" from center to the bottom front corners of the rear wheel wells and the wheel well opening basically goes straight up from there. The rear-rear corner is over 19".

But the frotn clearance is just sitting there. It's a good bit worse under full compression. I don't think they'll fit well for off-roadign, without a 'real' suspension lift.

I got a good bit out of a Rough Country 'leveling kit' and later cranked a little bit more and added 2" metal spacers on the rear, to basically wind up with the stance of a 3/4 ton. But I still wouldn't want to put 315s on it. But there's a guy here that's stuffed 37s on his. I haven't been following his adventures with that.

My tires are the stock 265/70-17

Z71-stance-comp-170109-2_zpskb58thfu.gif

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
the cutter and grinder was highly involved with the 37's fitting...but it's working....for now! ha ha.

RikFlairWoo

Observer
Thank you for the info. The tires should be delivered to 4WP shop today so I will swing by there and see what I think. They have an easy return policy there so I may just end up sticking with my 5+ year old BFGs for now

RikFlairWoo

Observer
Quick update:

4 Wheel Parts did not think the 315s would be kosher and would not install them, so it wasn't worth the trouble and I ended up returning them. I have been traveling the last few weeks, but I did swap in a new 4WD switch last night. Started getting Service 4WD message again and the switch was acting up. I have already replaced the encoder motor ring on the t-case last year, so hopefully now both of the known failures in the 4x4 system are now fixed.

This new 4WD switch has a bit of a weird orange color to the lights that doesn't quite match the old gauges/switches, but for $33 in amazon I really can't complain.

tbisaacs

Adventurer
Quick update:

4 Wheel Parts did not think the 315s would be kosher and would not install them, so it wasn't worth the trouble and I ended up returning them. I have been traveling the last few weeks, but I did swap in a new 4WD switch last night. Started getting Service 4WD message again and the switch was acting up. I have already replaced the encoder motor ring on the t-case last year, so hopefully now both of the known failures in the 4x4 system are now fixed.

This new 4WD switch has a bit of a weird orange color to the lights that doesn't quite match the old gauges/switches, but for $33 in amazon I really can't complain.

Is it a doorman switch? I refaced my radio and experienced the same thing. It's a slightly different shade of green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RikFlairWoo

Observer
Is it a doorman switch? I refaced my radio and experienced the same thing. It's a slightly different shade of green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Doorman switch from Amazon.

Lack of updates on this thread due to a Jeep TJ I picked up at the end of June. I did level the Tahoe on stock keys, will post a pic soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior