$175,000 Tacoma

Flagster

Expedition Leader
"As the truck was intended to be both the ultimate off-road vehicle and one that could easily run around town"
:rolleyes:
And by my rough calculations 330 fuel capacity (x) ~6.0lbs/gallon for gasoline = roughly 2x the GVWR of a Double Cab Tacoma...+ military spec steel body panels...and no mention of custom chassis/frame...

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
"As the truck was intended to be both the ultimate off-road vehicle and one that could easily run around town"
:rolleyes:
And by my rough calculations 330 fuel capacity (x) ~6.0lbs/gallon for gasoline = roughly 2x the GVWR of a Double Cab Tacoma...+ military spec steel body panels...and no mention of custom chassis/frame...

Doesn't even have decent shocks on it...

Zam15

Explorer
I'm not too far off from that setup haha Just need some 44s" They also stole my dual tank idea!!!

asdads.jpg

used-2010-toyota-polar_expediton-concept-11516-11702443-3-640.jpg

They said it cost over 400k to build the thing, If that's true they got ripped... Maybe for all that fancy (useless) body work.

Also not sure how they go it to run off any type of "any type of unleaded gasoline" The Tacoma superchargers tend to only like 91+ Octane.

They also did a poor job on the front suspension, they left it stock with a spacer lift! No gussets, stronger steering, joints or control arms...

Running 44s with all that extra weight, racing across the most the most remote place on earth on stock IFS is just dumb! As they found out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGYCszVtIqc

Last edited:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Wasn't that truck red before?

I saw a very similar one in England at a private party last summer...a rather crazy party..we camped right next to it.
Unfortunately the circumstances did not allow me to talk to the owner..

:)

I have a couple pictures somewhere.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
The one in the video is red... what's up with that?

Also - where do they keep the spare tire(s)? I guess they had air support for that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears