19' Ford Motorhome

Corneilius

Adventurer
Another vote for this being an awesome platform. Rarely see any that aren't/werent rentals. I wonder why, most guys that want this size go for a truck camper?

simple

Adventurer
Another vote for this being an awesome platform. Rarely see any that aren't/werent rentals. I wonder why, most guys that want this size go for a truck camper?

These RV's were manufactured specifically to a Cruise America spec and were never sold new to the general public.
I've had two slide in truck campers. A northern lite and bigfoot. The advantage of those is that you can put them on a diesel truck with 4wheel drive.
The advantage of the 19' motorhome is that it has a wider floor plan with more spacious interior since it doesn't have to fit between wheel wells. The RV's open to cab design allows for more passenger seating configurations. A kid can sit and play at a table etc.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
That's a great layout with the front dinette. Solves a lot of problems for the size 3+ family. Doubly so if that seat behind the front passenger seat functions as (or could be upgraded to) a captains chair with a seatbelt.

Also, 19' fits under my local parking ordinances, so you'd be OK to keep in on the street for more than 72hours at a go.

simple

Adventurer
That's a great layout with the front dinette. Solves a lot of problems for the size 3+ family. Doubly so if that seat behind the front passenger seat functions as (or could be upgraded to) a captains chair with a seatbelt.

Also, 19' fits under my local parking ordinances, so you'd be OK to keep in on the street for more than 72hours at a go.

Funny you should mention the seat. On the 09's and 010's like mine it is a big swivel lounge chair with seat belt. On the 011's like the stock photo I posted it's a seat box with small storage compartment to the outside.

billwilson

Adventurer
I am picking up a 19G next week, a bit pricey but size and parking tic my boxes for me and my 3 year old girl. Miss my Sportsmobile, but sold when the ex wife was 6 months pregnant...

May do a Ujoint conversion to tide me over till i scrape up $$$ for a Tiger

Yes Ladies and Gents, i will post pics

bw

billwilson

Adventurer
Not mine, but this model

29a26a9dd74baf84eae17b8910fa8667.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
These RV's were manufactured specifically to a Cruise America spec and were never sold new to the general public.
I've had two slide in truck campers. A northern lite and bigfoot. The advantage of those is that you can put them on a diesel truck with 4wheel drive.
The advantage of the 19' motorhome is that it has a wider floor plan with more spacious interior since it doesn't have to fit between wheel wells. The RV's open to cab design allows for more passenger seating configurations. A kid can sit and play at a table etc.

They build the rentals without carpet or flimsy items like awnings and steps.

java

Expedition Leader
Those are a great size. I eyeballed them when I was looking too. I just shied away from "RV" construction.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Baja Grocery Getter

Here is a look at a Chinook we lifted with our Baja Grocery Getter lift kit for another EP user. A great look for these small coaches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78