1960's "Expedition Trailer"

pete.wilson

Adventurer
Hey All

I wish they had more pics of the interior of that trailer to see how it's setup; I understand there was a sleeping position for a third person, But I sure would like to see more and maybe some approx sizes of various parts. Interesting none the less.......I would hate to roll out of bed, or have a bear come calling, you'd be dinner on a plate! LOL

Pete Wilson

Fifthpro

Adventurer
Man, those trailers are awesome! In some ways the industry has came a long way and in others...it has all been done before. The side beds on there are really a good ideal when it comes to speed of setting up camp. I can see why folks went to tents but still a great ideal.

Thanks again for sharing the pics! I was also glad to see the old HLJ pics folks were posting on another forum.

Cheers!

jaacina

second trailer

I have an old 4x4 magazine that has that in it. I have kept it for years because of the cool factor.

burke

Observer
jaacina---does your mag also have a blue shoe box bronco with a custom trailer built out of the back half of a bronco? Mabey around 1988? I remember the mag with both of those wehn I was around 13 or so.

pete.wilson

Adventurer
Burke,

Writes: "Mabey around 1988? I remember the mag with both of those wehn I was around 13 or so."

Man am I getting old! LOL

Pete Wilson

jaacina

I just pulled it out. It is the August 1989 Four Wheeler. The article is called Tag-Alongs. Trailers for the trailbound. Five different trailers, including the white '48 Willys trailer, Bronco, Mustang and two others.

burke said:
jaacina---does your mag also have a blue shoe box bronco with a custom trailer built out of the back half of a bronco? Mabey around 1988? I remember the mag with both of those wehn I was around 13 or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12