1964 Nissan patrol

fowldarr

Explorer
Here are some pics of the patrol that I am hoping to go look at in person tomorrow. Let me know what you guys think.
802dc83ac629583a37109f098043311b.jpg

55aef9d7383c4671720dcc56087a1f57.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fowldarr

Explorer
Seats in back are original too. Doesn't currently run. Seller claims a fuel system issue.

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Love the patina

bring some petrol and a plant sprayer.......for starting...battery and decent leads

Petrol gets gunky when old - carb- needle, lines and tank would need thorough cleaning through, any rubber hoses probably perished, and black rubber particles in the lines

turn over engine gently before to get some oil arround the parts, then spray holding flapper open on the carb, if there's a spark it should at least start, and rumble back to life...won't test everything but at least you'll know it turns over and functions

Surlybeast

Looks clean. For the right price tow it and start it after dropping the pan to make sure the oil isn't compromised. Fun Project!!
-jorge

01 Reg Cab Tacoma

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
That is a great Patrol. Really unmolested. Still has the stock from 1964 snap in vinyl floor mats!! You get real lucky and there is a factory tool kit under the passenger seat and a stock jack behind it.

That Patrol is well worth $2500 in my opinion. Take the advice given in this thread though. Take care when starting it first time. If it has been sitting a while you will want to spray some WD40 down the spark plug holes.

Let us know if you get it!

Cheers

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
By the way being a 64, it has the early split doors. These only came on Patrols until early 1966. You can separate the door, split it into two parts and run around with a true "half" door. I am aware of no other truck that ever had this option and Patrols were made for 20yrs but the half door only came on the first 6yrs of them. It is a very cool feature on the early trucks. Take care not to break the door handles, they are unobtainium!

Cheers

fowldarr

Explorer
I am going to pass. For personal reasons. I think it's a great deal for somebody. If you want it, let me know and I'll get you some contact info.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
If I didn't already have a bunch of projects I would jump on buying this 64 Patrol!

Cheers

aldenfost

Looks good! I like old rigs and I haven't seen one over 30 years old in a while. I get psyched when i see them well restored and maintained. Well, i'm sure someone else who has more time on their hands can get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998