1967 Chevy K20, 8.1L, 4l80e, NP205 Dana 60, project truck

4loco

As the title states I’m selling my 1967 K20 project truck. I drove it a couple years in high school (2006) and pulled the engine to put fuel injection in it (2007-2008). It’s been sitting since and I’ve collected parts and have had work done here and there over the years. Selling because I need to free up some money for a family friendly rig. The engine and transmission are out and it needs a new engine crossmember that will accommodate the larger oil pan of the 8.1. I feel that the drivetrain alone is worth the asking price (looking at new GM crate engines and transmissions), but I’ve been out of the market for a long time. My dream would be to swap the drivetrain into a 3 door suburban or try to adapt a chinook camper to the back, but I’ve proven to be a terrible truck builder the past decade and a half. Thank you for looking

craigslist ad:
https://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/d/oxnard-1967-chevy-k20/7729622272.html

$12,500 OBO

Here are all the parts included:
The axles have 60-70k miles on them. Engine, transmission, and transfer case have 0miles.

-Dana 60 posi front and GM14bolt 10.5 Detroit locker rear

-2003 GM 8.1L with Eagle H-beam connecting rods, upgraded oil pump, Raylar camshaft and full roller valve train with springs, Raylar SS rocker arms, balanced and built by QMP engine shop in canoga park

-2005 GM 4l80e completely rebuilt with Monster Transmission internals and custom stall converter for camshaft, gear ratio, and tire size. Built by Donnie at DMC transmission (premier builder in my area).

-advance adapters 4l80e to NP205 conversion housing, 32spline

-rebuilt NP205 with 32spline input shaft, built by Donnie at DMC transmission

-partially installed 18 circuit Painless wiring harness.

-Boyd fabrication custom aluminum gas tank, 37 gallons, set up for EFI in-tank pump, (no pump)

-Howell engine harness and ECU, custom tuned to control engine and transmission.

-new: aluminum radiator, oil cooler, transmission cooler, Sanderson headers, alternator, mass airflow sensor

-all new GM hardware to mount accessory drive + exhaust studs.

-huge pile of spare parts for accessory drive, water pump, brackets, etc.
IMG_2409.jpeg
IMG_2412.jpeg
IMG_2411.jpeg
IMG_2410.jpeg
IMG_2405.jpeg
IMG_2404.jpeg
IMG_2402.jpeg
IMG_2407.jpegIMG_2406.jpegIMG_2408.jpeg

Last edited:

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Drool worthy project rig. And yes, that drivetrain is worth the price alone. Love the underappreciated 8.1 Vortec. Absolute beast of a motor. I'm probably worse at project truck than you so GLWTS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior