1971 F 250 4X4 is Back Home

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Great update Mikey...
We really need to get past your retirement date so we can enjoy my mid-week days off for some dirt play.
Nick just finished up with a cam change, radiator upgrade and a bunch of other stuff to my Burb so soon it will be ready to play also.

I like how you keep it simple, me...I just drive to Nick's house and threaten to do my own work till he agrees to fix stuff :)

mkitchen

Explorer
Great update Mikey...
We really need to get past your retirement date so we can enjoy my mid-week days off for some dirt play.
Nick just finished up with a cam change, radiator upgrade and a bunch of other stuff to my Burb so soon it will be ready to play also.

I like how you keep it simple, me...I just drive to Nick's house and threaten to do my own work till he agrees to fix stuff :)

Hey Lance
Good to hear from you. Looking forward to seeing you at the Expo. Also I sent you an email regarding the Old Iron Run.

As far as keeping things simple, it really isn't my plan as much as it is the fact that simple is just about all I can do. Being a bear of very little brain, I am not very good at wood work or mechanics. So simple it shall be. I just hope that it works good and keeps me out of trouble when out in the back country. I just bought a small single axle flat bed trailer and now need to clean up the trailer plug-in so that I will have lights. It seems that the electrical never ends.

Though I have enjoyed my job through the years, I really am looking forward to starting my retirement. I have a long list of places that I want to see while I still have the time and energy and it is time to get started. I will get in touch with you with the hopes of doing some travelling in the Valley before it gets too hot or after it cools off again this fall.
Mikey

Darkrider

Adventurer
Great build so far, Where did you find the USB plugs? I am seriously considering replacing the two lighter sockets in my Chevy C10 with some dedicated USB sockets.

mkitchen

Explorer
Thanks for the positive comments

Reuben's modifications and upgrades are certainly taking more time and energy than I thought they would.

Darkrider, to answer your question, you can get the double USB ports directly from Blue Sea products. Their products are pricey but well made. They may also be on Amazon or a product similar, but here is a short cut to Blue Sea:
https://www.bluesea.com/products/1016/Dual_USB_Charger_Socket/featured

I am looking forward to getting some time to get out and actually camp in Reuben. So far the truck has been just sitting in the driveway waiting to go somewhere. I have been doing a lot with my motorbikes lately and I have not been out with either truck for a while. So, soon, very soon.
Mikey

Darkrider

Adventurer
Reuben's modifications and upgrades are certainly taking more time and energy than I thought they would.

Darkrider, to answer your question, you can get the double USB ports directly from Blue Sea products. Their products are pricey but well made. They may also be on Amazon or a product similar, but here is a short cut to Blue Sea:
https://www.bluesea.com/products/1016/Dual_USB_Charger_Socket/featured

I am looking forward to getting some time to get out and actually camp in Reuben. So far the truck has been just sitting in the driveway waiting to go somewhere. I have been doing a lot with my motorbikes lately and I have not been out with either truck for a while. So, soon, very soon.
Mikey

Thanks for the Link! After burning through many of the cheap Duracell plug in 2 amp chargers it makes more sense for me to buy the more expensive Blue Sea part. I keep seeing Blue sea mentioned a lot when it comes to parts for these expo builds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater