1973 Steyr Pinzgauer

Roverchef

Adventurer
Up for grabs is My '73 Pinzy with less then 26k miles.

Attachments

• IMG_1633.jpg
    IMG_1633.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 1,148
  • IMG_1634.jpg
    IMG_1634.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 893
  • IMG_1635.jpg
    IMG_1635.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 846
  • IMG_1636.jpg
    IMG_1636.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 846
  • IMG_1640.jpg
    IMG_1640.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 781
  • IMG_1639.jpg
    IMG_1639.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 728
  • IMG_1637.jpg
    IMG_1637.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 928
  • IMG_1641.jpg
    IMG_1641.jpg
    528.9 KB · Views: 778
Last edited:

Roverchef

Adventurer
In the last 12 months this is what has been done...rebuilt carbs+extra rebuild kits, fuel shut-off solenoids, lines, tank resealed, rebuilt pump+new one in the cargo bins, civilian ignition upgrade+extras of everything just in case(plugs,caps,rotors,even modules), brake master cylinder, shoes, seals, wheel bearings, cylinders, valve job, rings, gaskets, clutch kit, wiring was repaired if it was not complete or was hacked by the previous owner and put back to stock schematics for ease of maintenance, inverters installed to run the radio/cb/LED interior lights/12v plugs(x2), batteries(yellow top x2), tires(BFG A/T's), interior floors and lower walls were stripped and sanded/POR-15'd/spray lined and upper walls and ceilings were insulated/paneled, clutch kit, exterior painted and under side spray lined once all repairs were done. All fluids replaced w/ synthetics where applicable. Entire rig and drivetrain has been gone through and anything that was ?able was either fixed or replaced. I had it registered in CA and even thou it is smog exempt it passed with flying colors on a five gas analyzer just in case you need it to pass smog somewhere. I only smog'd it to make sure everything was up to snuff after all the repairs. The rear interior is built out and has a bench seat and cargo cage area that turns into a queen size bed and holds bins that house enough fluids/filter/parts/Pinzgauer Bibles and even tools(wrenches/timing gun with tach/anything you would need) to do the next 2-3 services. I built this rig to be reliable...and if need be fixed anywhere with what you have on hand. Pinzys are one of...if not the easiest rigs to work on and come stock with front/middle/rear differential locks, 2-speed t-box(on the fly), 5-speed tranny, portal swing axles, and 13-20mpg no matter what or who you are hauling. I drive around 60mph but it will do 75mph without flenching. I cringe as I write this post but on the positive side I am hoping that a fellow board member will buy it and enjoy it as much as I did with out the worry of having to do anything except take it on adventures. I don't want to have to sacrifice it on flee bay if I don't have to! It's funny how life has a way of kick'n ya when you're down and I hope that all my blood/sweat/tears/crap load of $$$ will benefit the next owner. It does now reside in north Florida.Thanks for look'n. $30k obo(2x that in receipts) PM with any ???'s even if it's just about the interior gas fed heater. Jake 904-887-1547

Last edited:

Roverchef

Adventurer
Beautiful rig. Love it. Interested in a nice JK Unlimited? ;) :beer:

I wish I could do trades for this. @ this point I can't and need to pay some bills from the recent move east. I will split the shipping in the lower 48 if anyone is interested? How 'bout a one-way plane ticket if anyone is up for driving it home.

Last edited:

VDBAZFJ

Adventurer
What a sweet looking truck! Sorry for you to have to sell it but wish you the best with selling it.

Roverchef

Adventurer
any photos of the rear area? thanks, tony
IMG_1642.jpgIMG_1643.jpgIMG_1644.jpgIMG_1646.JPGIMG_1647.jpgIMG_1649.jpgIMG_1650.jpgIMG_1651.jpgThe area in the bottom right of the cargo cage has the dimensions and was intended for the Honda 1000/2000 generator series. For those long adventures off the grid. The CO2 tank is not part of the sale.

Last edited:

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I have seen Pinzs around over the years, and always been intrigued, but yours is a labor of love for sure!! It is extremely well kitted/built and thought out judging from the pics.
So, if I am seeing it correctly, behind the front seats, you have two benches facing each other, then the rear most storage/bed area? My question is, it appears the forward facing bench seat with the pad flips forward to provide an area for a second bed should it be needed for say, a family of 4? Then the rear most area has the ability to make the queen size bed as described above?
I am possibly interested- especially if my assumptions above are correct. I am crazy busy the next 4 weeks, but will be in Fl the following 4 weeks, and would love to take a look at it. Last question for now- how much room for the driver? I am 6'-3" and tolerate Defenders, but really don't fit very well...
Cheers- and super nice build!!

Roverchef

Adventurer
I have seen Pinzs around over the years, and always been intrigued, but yours is a labor of love for sure!! It is extremely well kitted/built and thought out judging from the pics.
So, if I am seeing it correctly, behind the front seats, you have two benches facing each other, then the rear most storage/bed area? My question is, it appears the forward facing bench seat with the pad flips forward to provide an area for a second bed should it be needed for say, a family of 4? Then the rear most area has the ability to make the queen size bed as described above?
I am possibly interested- especially if my assumptions above are correct. I am crazy busy the next 4 weeks, but will be in Fl the following 4 weeks, and would love to take a look at it. Last question for now- how much room for the driver? I am 6'-3" and tolerate Defenders, but really don't fit very well...
Cheers- and super nice build!!
I wish it had enough room for a family of four but that would be a 712K(made of un-obtainium) not a 710K. The area that looks like a rear facing bench(without pad)is where the fridge and eventually the sink/H2O storage was intended. The flip forward seat(with pad)is needed to complete the bed area. The cage wall flips down and the seat flips forward in order to give you and 1.5 other people ample room to sleep with some left over room for bags/stuff. I am 5'11"-6' and I even felt cramped in my Series/Defenders over the years. This however seems to have more than enough room for larger drivers. Gimmi a shout and you can come drive it when you get to FL.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks Jake, I won't rule it out yet as I really like it. Been a while since a rig got me that excited- very well done!! Good to hear on the room also...
Cheers

bbdd

This is a really cool truck. Love the cargo cage. I showed my 10 year old son the pics, and he thought it was awesome, too. Wish I had the coin... GLWS!

zimm

Expedition Leader
Thanks Jake, I won't rule it out yet as I really like it. Been a while since a rig got me that excited- very well done!! Good to hear on the room also...
Cheers

Buy at a price y can sell it at. You will suffer in this. You are too wide too. Sorry.

Roverchef

Adventurer
Buy at a price y can sell it at. You will suffer in this. You are too wide too. Sorry.
Zimm...R U too wide and you don't want anyone else to have something you can't fit in or do you know his personal dimensions? The seats are on sliders if you need to move them back/forward not like the Series/Defenders where you are very limited w/ movement and comfort. Just play'n with ya Zimm!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears