1975 F250 Highboy Crewcab 4x4 Project

sokoloka

Made a deal for the truck almost a year ago, finally had the time to go pick it up this week.

52697559750_84e39e6828_k.jpg

Crusty, dusty, with a seized 360 - and she couldn't be more beautiful! No finalized build plan as of yet, will pull the 360 in the next week and see if she's rusted shut or mechanically seized and decide first steps from there. Pleased to see for a mid year 1975 build, got the open knuckle D60 front axle with dual piston discs offered in 1976.

Have a bunch of different Ford projects going but this is my first crew cab so definitely excited to bring this one back from the dead.

rcintx

Adventurer
I really like those mid 70‘s Fords. Definitely following this build. I’d love to see more on the tow vehicle as well. All stock? Super sharp looking truck.

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Made a deal for the truck almost a year ago, finally had the time to go pick it up this week.

52697559750_84e39e6828_k.jpg

Crusty, dusty, with a seized 360 - and she couldn't be more beautiful! No finalized build plan as of yet, will pull the 360 in the next week and see if she's rusted shut or mechanically seized and decide first steps from there. Pleased to see for a mid year 1975 build, got the open knuckle D60 front axle with dual piston discs offered in 1976.

Have a bunch of different Ford projects going but this is my first crew cab so definitely excited to bring this one back from the dead.
Very nice truck. But the front axle is probably a Dana 44 unless someone swapped in a 60. I wouldn't waste much time or money on the 360. A fuel injected 460 would be nice, a Cummins would be too but is lots more money.

I went down to my mom's last July and got my dad's old 1967 F250 Highboy that he bought spring of 1972, rode home in it when I was three days old stretched out on the seat between him and my mom.

toddz69

Explorer
Love these rigs! Will look forward to seeing what you do with it. Congrats on that front axle with discs too - a great upgrade! Hopefully you can do a nice p/s conversion on it as well.

Todd Z.

sokoloka

Pulled the Marti report as I had sneaking suspicions the dual piston disc front axle was indeed a later D60 from the factory (Highboys generally were closed knuckle drum D60's up front through 1975, got an open knuckle disc D44 starting in 1976)

52704887805_97b5c8f088_h.jpg

Body Trim Plate:

52704954983_6d863fbc29_k.jpg

Data Tag:

52704954958_1ebc2b1809_k.jpg

Decode:

52703960077_deccea8d6b_k.jpg

Ford did some funky stuff back in the day, looks like with my mid 1975 build they were able to spec the bigger front end that was offered in 1976+. One of my favorite things with older Ford trucks is being able to go back and pull the historical data down to build spec. This old girl may be BEAT but she's shockingly original.

toddz69

Explorer
Thanks for sharing the Marti - always interesting, as you note, to see the build history on these rigs. And yes, Ford did some weird stuff from time to time. I'm heavily into the early Broncos and there always seems to be something interesting to keep the natives restless.

Todd Z.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
What a beautiful truck!! I love a good dentside, especially one that is used for what it was made for. And that contractor bed just tops it off. What an awesome find, super jealous!

Chris Tom

This is going to be awesome, I’m following along with your progress.

My rig is an 85’ F250- Love seeing more old Ford’s around.

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior