1976 FJ-40 in Flagstaff, AZ - $25k OBO

Fergie

Expedition Leader
1976 FJ-40 in mostly original condition as far as drivetrain goes, but with some improved suspension, rust abatement and other changes.

There is a full cage installed by Proffitt's some years ago, by Mr. Proffitt himself. The interior has been left mostly stock, with the exception of Celica front seats and a 2nd gen Montero fold and stow rear seat. The original troop carrier style rear seats as well as the original front seats come w the Cruiser.

Suspension wise, it is on 3" spring lift from Old Man Emu, but is running Bilstein shocks. Shackle reversal up front and longer shackles in the rear as well. Sitting on some older BFGs that could use a balance, but it hasn't prevented me from DDing it. The spare is mismatched, but all wheels are original w hub caps, and there is one other spare wheel as well. A set of tire chains is included too.

The engine is almost entirely stock, aside from an MSD ignition. At the writing of this, it has been sitting for a few weeks in zero and below temps, and I will make a cold-start video to send you if interested. I replaced the clutch slave and master when I bought it, and have replaced the u-joints in the driveshafts, but other than that, haven't done much to it. Stock 4 speed tranny on the floor, and stock t-case.

Roofrack is made from old aluminum bleachers and has some rear and side lights to it. Headlights had some sort of halogen upgrade years back...H4s I believe, but dont quote me. The winch is new within the year....depending on sale price or negotiations, it may be removed. Its a solid Smittybilt.

Mirrors and passenger side of windshield are cracked, but not such that I dont drive the vehicle. As you can see from the pics, there is rust, and the body tub has been covered w diamond plate. The rust doesn't bother me and was professionally addressed by Proffitts when the cage was done. The doors obviously have rust. There is a set of soft doors and a bikini top too. Fenders are tube style replacement, and the body has been trimmed up front to accommodate. As of 10/17/23, the TLC has a new gas tank from Cool Cruisers, and is running well.

Basically, you've got a good driver of a 40 series, and with some time and work, could have an even more reliable vehicle that turns heads whenever I drive it. It isn't a project vehicle, and isn't a trailer queen either....just a fun driver.

There are a few boxes of parts and the manuals that come w it too. Feel free to ask questions via email and I'll do my best to answer. Not looking for trades of any sort right now. Unless you're local to Flagstaff, you'll want to trailer it home, so plan accordingly. Odometer says 52k, but that has rolled over a few times in it's life, so not accurate there.

Thanks for looking. Message me and I can text you lots of extra pics and the cold start video.

$25,000 OR BEST OFFER.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior