1976 Scout Traveler, Ultimate Expedition Build

Jim K in PA

Adventurer
Frame looks fantastic Rob. Almost a shame to cover it with the rest of the Scout!

When setting up the plating, do they give you any options as to the depth of the zinc? It is just a function of time in the bath, so I was wondering if they had any flexibility.

Keep it coming.

KUMA

Observer
This is probably one of the most amazing build threads I have ever read! I love the attention to detail and just how amazing your fab skills are! :) Can't wait to see the body painted and back on!

rube bonet

Adventurer
Frame looks fantastic Rob. Almost a shame to cover it with the rest of the Scout!

When setting up the plating, do they give you any options as to the depth of the zinc? It is just a function of time in the bath, so I was wondering if they had any flexibility.

Keep it coming.

I did have some degree of control over that, but went off of their recommendations. Grant from AZZ was excellent to work with, and I was pleasantly surprised with the surface finish. The most difficult part was all of the prep involved was to make sure we didn't end up with big puddles and traps. There was a lot of clean up work when I got it back to prep for powder coat, but overall a nice finish. Every crack and crevice, the enitre inside of the frame was galvanized, I don't think there will be any rust issues for a long time...

This pic shows the the worst of the areas we had to clean up, there was some sand in the zinc. Most of the frame only needed very light da sanding. Even with a light die grinder and 120 grit, I never broke thru the surface of the zinc. Any drain holes that needed to be filled after the fact were regalvanized with a zinc bar.

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
This truck me me wish mine wasn't my daily driver, that I had 4 more hours every day and an extra 100k in the bank... just crazy.

I love the color, I can't wait to see it finished and running off road.

Xfactor

Observer
with the amount of work going into this build, i think the 100k is just a deposit.

Agreed absolutely awesome!!!

rube bonet

Adventurer
Thanks guys! Remember, patience is a virtue...:sombrero: I remind myself of that as I wait for the frame...

x2 on the extra 4 hours a day and an extra 100k in the bank!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman