1977 Jimmy Casa Grande ($65,000.00)

DownTheRoad

Beautiful 1977 GMC Sierra Casa Grande looks to be fully restored in Tampa Florida area. Message the guy to talk about this classic Overland type truck, he is super nice! Girlfriend says no, so I'm passing it on for you guys!

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
That one is Casa Grande #1457 built in 12/76. While it looks fabulous and retro-looking, it suffers in its basic value (where arguably all the value for these is either in an untarnished time-capsule original or a dead nuts accurate restoration) because it was repainted in a noticably non-original gold metalflake color, and the reupholstery job / interior refurbishment is not correct to factory original appearances. I let the owner know about that back in April when he bought it (it had two flipper/sellers the previous year; he said the prior owner called it "all original" and seemed displeased when I told him it was not), and I very recently suggested to the FB people (relatives, I think) selling it on his behalf should correct several bits in the listing. The current owner is at least the 5th one by my count, and it was not actually "repainted to resemble the Casa Grande concept truck in 1977", the person who directed the restoration simply made an assumption of what the color was based on the commonly seen (in ebay listings) green color-shifted '77 Casa Grande brochures.

The true original overall color was a lighter pastel tan with white side accents, and the camper stripes were more muted tones of yellow. It's now the 3rd high-dollar rig I've seen that has been repainted the wrong colors at considerable expense by ignorant restorers. The sellers might be able to sell these to rich guys who do no research on what factory-correct looks like, but they'll never sell to savvy collectors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior