1979 Suzuki LJ81 "Micro-Overlander"

dasmule

Not sure if you have connected with stevec on this site yet, but he has an lj81 and is in Seattle area too. He's also the main guy on lj10.com and the parts guy too.

We've talked to Steve on the phone but have yet to meet up!

dasmule

A few mods on the bumper this past weekend. Rebuilt the middle section and incorporated a couple recovery points and a top access winch box. Also painted it black instead of the white. TJM Equipped ATV winch. Ox Box shackles.
IMG_1625.jpgIMG_1626.jpgIMG_1627.jpg

SRN

Adventurer
This thing is so cool. Keep up the good work. Hopefully you can make it to Relic Run this year! It'd be great to have a Suzuki along.

grimbo

Explorer
I had a Suzuki Sierra LWB that had many incarnations. Used it for touring stuff up through Central Australia, high country etc then turned it into a more hard core 4wd. 34" swampers, front and rear lockers, low gearing etc

Great size vehicle and perfect for two people to get around

We also had an LJ in the club that was pretty wild. Custom extra cab, MQ Patrol diffs, 36" swampers

I'll try and find more pics

mavevy7u.jpg
2yhyjeva.jpg
a5yhe6ev.jpg
y6uby4up.jpg

Riptide

Explorer
man, I love that thing! I'm on my 4th Samurai; guess I love tiny underpowered trucks...

Coolest vehicle I've seen on Expo in awhile. I subscribe to the simple/stock/minimal approach as well. Eager to see where this project goes.

dasmule

I had a Suzuki Sierra LWB that had many incarnations. Used it for touring stuff up through Central Australia, high country etc then turned it into a more hard core 4wd. 34" swampers, front and rear lockers, low gearing etc

Great size vehicle and perfect for two people to get around

We also had an LJ in the club that was pretty wild. Custom extra cab, MQ Patrol diffs, 36" swampers

I'll try and find more pics

mavevy7u.jpg
2yhyjeva.jpg
a5yhe6ev.jpg
y6uby4up.jpg

Oh, we've seen that custom extra cab build somewhere online before! LOVE it! Nice work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78