1981 Fj40 Landcruiser 1 owner very original

sethro80

Adventurer
Here is a F Book link to a sweet Land Cruiser, looks to be in very good condition.

Seth

Reactions: zip

84FLH

Would easily get that on BAT. Some big, big money buyers come out of the woodwork at times.

CL ad says, "Fly in...drive it home." Tempting. But how long will it take to drive the 1,800 miles home!?

Only FJ40 I ever drove (1969 model, three on tree, all orig) had comfortable speed of 45. What does this 1981 do comfortably? Maybe 55??

Still, incredible condition FJ40.

gwittman

Adventurer
With 31" BFG AT tires, I would run my 73 FJ55 at 70 mph on pavement all the time. I know the wheelbase of the FJ40 is shorter, but the drivetrain should be the same. I doubt axle ratios would be different. Later years may have taller axle gears with more transmission gears (lower 1st gear) and a little more power output of the engine. That should make 70 mpg cruise even with shorter tires.

sethro80

Adventurer
Would easily get that on BAT. Some big, big money buyers come out of the woodwork at times.

CL ad says, "Fly in...drive it home." Tempting. But how long will it take to drive the 1,800 miles home!?

Only FJ40 I ever drove (1969 model, three on tree, all orig) had comfortable speed of 45. What does this 1981 do comfortably? Maybe 55??

Still, incredible condition FJ40.
Would be a fun trip and adventure :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior