1982 Chevy 3/4 ton toy build:o)

Wes

Observer
Well, I drove the truck about a hundred miles today. Everything worked great! She hasn't ran this good since I bought her. I found something at the Junk yard to put under the hood(o: I'll get pictures of it tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about it...

~Wes~

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I am looking forward to seeing your junk yard goodies wes! Post those pics ASAP soldier...... Cheers, Chilli...:)

Wes

Observer
Said Goodies:wings::wings::wings::wings::wings:

YorkonboardAir001.jpg

It's an old York A/C compressor. They have their own oil reservoir and don't rely on lube in the freon. They make great on-board air compressors\o/

~Wes~

Wes

Observer
I paid just a little extra for the compressor($50). But It was OK because it came with the clutch\o/ I have 2 or three air tanks lying around and a couple air horns. They will be the first add-ons:eek:) I would really like to get air lockers for the differentials. But that will have to wait.

I need to see If I can find some compression fittings that fit the compressor and convert them to a 1/2" NPT. That will make it easier to plumb things up. I think I have a pressure switch to run the clutch. That leaves me needing a check valve and a pop off valve and a fancy gauge for the dash:eek:)

There will also be a couple of quick connects and hose storage to run air tools:eek:)

~Wes~

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
I like the grill, but maybe a piece of flat iron horisontally across the grill would tie in the line between the head lights and the blinkers. Then you could put a bow tie on it and it would almost look factory. Just my .02

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
Sorry to post twice. The site will no longer let me edit my posts. It just started this weekend. I miss typed. The flat bar would tie in the line between the head lights not the head lights and blinkers.

Wes

Observer
I have something planned there. Just need time(o: Were putting a roof on my house and its taking longer that I thought. Thanks for the input!

~Wes~

Wes

Observer
Well, The truck has been running pretty good lately. But the radiator seems to have sprung a leak. It's a good thing we've been working overtime at work. I should be able to get me a nice aluminum one on Payday\o/ Will a 2 core be fine or should I get a 3 core because I'll be hauling the camper? I'm thinking the three core would be better?

~Wes~

Wes

Observer
Well I finally got a radiator and put it in. It's been pretty hectic with the house and work taking up a lot of time. I ended up getting a Champion all aluminum radiator for my truck. This one was a inch too tall so I'm going to have to make a couple new brackets for the top but it wont be a big deal.

NewRadiaror001.jpg

Thanks for watching:eek:)

~Wes~

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Wes........Wes..........Where are you?
I need to see if you got the roof on the house, The grill finished, The rear tire frame done and the results of the camper build.
Of and I want to see the truck painted too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger