1983 Chevrolet K10 (Canadian)

Sponge

Adventurer
This showed up today! $129 USD from Summit. I'm more than impressed with the quality!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 17

Sponge

Adventurer
Slick:Wow1: install Sponge! Looks nice!:)

I thought it turned out pretty good. I should have mounted the amp higher, it would have made better use of the area behind the seat. I'm going to mount my first aid kit in the upper left corner.

I'm thinking about putting a piece on the driver's side to hold an inverter and maybe a 12 gauge boom stick:victory: I'll use a lighter gauge steel if I do, 18 gauge was a bit heavier than needed.

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I thought it turned out pretty good. I should have mounted the amp higher, it would have made better use of the area behind the seat. I'm going to mount my first aid kit in the upper left corner.

I'm thinking about putting a piece on the driver's side to hold an inverter and maybe a 12 gauge boom stick:victory: I'll use a lighter gauge steel if I do, 18 gauge was a bit heavier than needed.

I will be very interested to see what you buy for an inverter. I am in the market for a new one for myself and have seen prices around $300 for a 1200 watt sine wave clean inverter that you can use for electronics at canuck tire. Keep me informed as to which way you go. Cheers, Chilli...:wings:

Sponge

Adventurer
It's been a rainy weekend so I got the transmission pan on. I had to radius the front a bit more to fit around the bellhousing cover. They also supplied SAE bolts that were too short for the filter. I had to use M6 that were a bit longer.

P_20170610_150331.jpg

Also changed the engine oil today and welded the pinion guard for the 14bolt FF.
I was going to do some sandblasting, so I could powdercoat this weekend, but the sandblasting unit was not working.

Sponge

Adventurer
Ordered rear shock tower braces from ORD. On of my rear shocks had cracked the frame somewhere along the last 35 years and was repaired with the weld a washer on method! So I figure this was a worthwhile upgrade. I got the sandblasted at work going again so I will clean them up a bit better and powdercoat them. They would be fine to paint but that's not what I do.

PHP:

Brace $37 US
Shipping $34 US
Customs about $10 US

Mail order building a vehicle in Canada sucks....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 14

cyclic

Adventurer
Cyclic- some good ideas there. Why are guys running tablets? Is the principle just to have a GPS and an iPod?
Being that I don't have A/C I was dreaming of moving my radio to where the dash vent is suppose to be. I've seen it done online a couple times.

I use if for everything: stereo, nav, data/internet, dash camera, fm and tv tuner.

My stereo was replaced with this little gem.........................
IMAG07231_zps0yoeoe2w.jpg

Sponge

Adventurer
Rollin down the highway, passing everything in sight
P_20170708_210704.jpg
On the way back from Rocky Mountain House after a day of biking. I'm getting closer to getting the old girl into the Mountains!

Sponge

Adventurer
Doing a bit of powder coating this afternoon. Thunderstorms have rolled in and its kinda smokey from the B.C. Forest fires!

Attachments

• IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 15

Sponge

Adventurer
As I work I often put on a podcast. Today's choice is Joe Rogan #977, the guests are Mount Everest Rescue staff, very interesting and highly recommended.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 15

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears