1984 CJ8 ALASKAN POSTAL

Fergie

Expedition Leader
The local post office had two of those for the longest time, and one delivered our mail on the rural route. When I first got in to 4wds, I lusted after one of these, and the PO carrier actually let me take a ride around in his a few times.

Hope this goes to a good home.

A.E.

i might consider the "right" trade... mainly jeeps, scrambler, comanche or willys pickup

njtacoma

Explorer
The post office in Berthoud, CO had 1 or 2 of these way back.

I always thought it would make a great camper.

A.E.

they must have bought them after their service in alaska. there was only 200 built for the alaska postal service

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
I think a lot more info would help your cause. What condition is it in? Does it run? How much rust? For a rig like this you should have a ton of pictures too.

Jeff

A.E.

It runs and drives, has no issues i know of. It does have the standard rusted floor. It does have rust starting around the wheel wells but is nothing major.the frame is rust free. the jeep was coated at the factory with ziebart rust proofing. The Ziebart is starting to come off the frame, leaving a shiny black frame. The original package tray is still in place but has had a passanger seat and belt added.
I will see about getting more pictures posted.

Last edited:

jagular7

Adventurer
Have you listed this on CJ8owners.com? I just passed the CL listing onto 2 friends that are Scramblers....

Good luck on the sale.

A.E.

postal is still for sale. I have a truck heading to the lower 48 in a week. shipping could be arranged..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998