1984 Land Rover 90 w/ 4.2litre turbo diesel

buyrovers

Adventurer
Here for sale is my 1984 Land Rover 90. This truck is a very clean 1984 that has had a substantial amount of money spent to bring it back to life. The truck was rebuilt on the original chassis which is solid and has been consistently treated with Waxoyl (rust preventative) to keep it in top shape. There is some surface rust as you can see in the pics but nothing out of the ordinary and is free of any structural issues.

As you can tell in the pics, the body panels were donated from a newer truck and are in exceptional condition with no notable dents or dings and coated with a nice coat of blue paint. The prior owner was a big fan of 5 bar (the UK's diamond plate) but it contrasts with the paint well and really stands out. There are a few isolated spots of surface corrosion on some of the cappings but it is very minimal and has not caused any paint issues. The floorboards are solid and free of any corrosion issues as well as the bulkhead which is super solid. You will also notice in the pics that the later model doors are very nice and do not have any of the typical corrosion issues.

The drivetrain starts with a 6 cylinder 4.2 liter Turbo diesel motor. This is a transplant from the 4 door Nissan Patrol and is fully mechanical and has a ton of power. The install is very clean and looks as if it should have been there from new. This is a lot larger than a land rover diesel and the power is notable and makes driving it quite fun.

Hooked to the 4.2 tdi is a Land Rover LT77 transmission and LT230 transfer case with center locking differential. The transmission and clutch operate just as they should with no noises or issues. Transfer case is also functioning properly. The motor in this truck is higher revving compared to most diesels and when coupled with the 3.54 ratio diffs and Land Rover transmission it drives a bit different than a rover tdi. First gear starts out a little slower but once you start to get the motor turning boost it goes like crazy and continues through 4th gear. 5th gear drops the rpms a little below the powerband so its really ideal for 60mph or more. Note: Also had a local diesel mechanic service the fuel system from tank to injectors to make sure it was all clean and serviced as it should be.

Underneath the truck is fitted with a brand new suspension kit including 3 inch lift spring and matched long travel pro comp shocks. It is also equipped with diff guards and has cones in the rear to guide the springs under extreme articulation. The truck drives very well and flexes nicely. Truck also has very tight steering and excellent brakes. Please note, this truck is equipped with 5 BRAND NEW Insa Turbo Special Track (265/75/16) offroad tires. Although this size is usually considered a 32 inch tire, these measure out as a solid 33 inches. These tires are very aggressive and will perform amazing off road but they require a little bit of caution on the road and are not ideal for a lot of highway driving.

Onto the interior: The truck has been fitted with some racing seats that are very supportive and comfy but they are designed for smaller people. The dash is in very good condition and does not have any damage or cracks. Roof has a full headliner installed, and the rear has a rubber mat and also comes with a 5 bar loadliner kit for the cargo area that is brand new. The truck has also had the MudUK rear bulkhead kit which removes the top portion of the bulkhead allowing you to move the seats further back and recline them more making the drive much more comfortable. Front is fitted with genuine rubber mats for the footwells.

Overall this truck is a really nice example of an 84 Land Rover 90 and has an amazing drivetrain with gobs of power. I have provided a link below with more pics and have tried to describe it to the best of my ability but I welcome any questions so please feel free to ask away.

***More Pics Here: http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/buyrovers/Defender 6cyl tdi/ ***

The truck is located in NC and will be sold with all documentation required to title and register the vehicle in your state. This is a legally imported 1984 Land Rover with all the documentation. I am happy to help assist with shipping arrangements at the buyers cost

Asking $13,500 obo

Some accesories not shown are also available including a roof rack and winch bumper. Can also source soft top kits, new seats, rock sliders, etc...

Chuck
(919) 270-1358
cpleimone@yahoo.com

Attachments

• DSCF2270.jpg
    DSCF2270.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 718
  • DSCF2272.jpg
    DSCF2272.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 478

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Must not look at threads like this
Must not look at threads like this:drool:

Good luck with the sale! I'll trade you one of my kidneys or any other appendage I can still explore without

buyrovers

Adventurer
Ha! Keep all of your organs, I am too young and am still working hard to ruin the ones I have so don't need any yet. I am hoping someone who will put this thing to use will buy it as i just don't have room for it anymore. It is a really neat truck with a super cool motor...

C-

jrose609

Explorer
This is a sweet rig. To anyone considering doing a TDi swap yourself, spend the money for this one. TDi swaps are EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!! Ask me how I know:victory:

buyrovers

Adventurer
This is a sweet rig. To anyone considering doing a TDi swap yourself, spend the money for this one. TDi swaps are EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!! Ask me how I know:victory:

Thanks for the compliments. You are dead right on the tdi swap, no matter what people will say, it will always cost you a lot more than you would ever expect.

C-

alosix

Expedition Leader
Must not look at threads like this:drool:

Good luck with the sale! I'll trade you one of my kidneys or any other appendage I can still explore without

You and me both.. I don't even know why I look at the for sale section, its really not good for my health :)

buyrovers

Adventurer
Sold. Have a couple 200 and 300tdi trucks that will be for sale soon as well if anyone is interested. All legally imported and ready to go.

C-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears