1984 Toyota 4Runner with 1988 22RE Engine swap

rbali001

Hello All!
For sale is my 1984 SR5 4Runner. It used to be carbureted and was swapped with a motor from a 1988 Toyota RV Dolphin 22RE with 110K miles on it. The swap is legit and refereed. My original plan was to make this an expedition build. However, things got a little sideways and went the crawler route. I do not know how many miles are on the actual body as I am not the original owner. The only reason for me to sell this is that I am looking for a new project. This time an actual EXPEDITION build. I need something more "Family" friendly. For this reason, I am open to sell the vehicle complete and/or trade and I will put cash on top, for these specific vehicles: Lexus LX470, Lexus 450, LC100 series, LC80 series. So if you, or any of your friends have any of the listed vehicles they want to sell or trade, let me know! I am looking for a vehicle around or below 150K and hopefully white in color.
I am located in Southern CA (Riverside area).

Here are some details about the 4Runner
Originally was an SR5 model(but everything was removed from poor quality)
110K on 22RE engine swap. All the wiring, cluster, door dress, and steering wheel is from the 88 Dolphin.
Original color, but not original paint. I had the body and paint fresh about 5 years ago when I started the build.
Interior is completely Line-X'd (side walls included). I was planning to swap in a new interior/dash but never purchased a doner vehicle.
Corbeau front Seats, tactical seat covers. Rear seat delete! I have stock rear seats as well.
Body armor: homemade front bumper, Rocky-Road sliders, and 4x4 Lab bumper with Jerrycan, Spare tire, and Jack holder.
Tires are 36" super swampers. 1 tire is completely new. 15" rims. Chevy 63" rear springs
Warn 8K winch with synthetic line, viking fairlead, Factor 55 pro link, 2NATO Jerry cans, Soft topper,
5.29 gearing, 4.7:1 single Tcase, twin sticks, front/rear locked
Heater
No AC, No hardtop, no dash. I currently have a SR5 cluster in there (not from the Dolphin, to use the tachometer). KC offroad lights (currently don't work - i think i blew a fuse).
There is some rock damage so this is not immaculate (even though I tried to keep it that way).
I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of things and I don't want to write too much. I figured the interested people will contact me and I can talk to them more in detail.
Anways; thanks for looking, and remember I'm open to trades plus I can pay cash on top if you have an LX450/470, LC80/100. I'm kind of looking for a white colored vehicle with 150K miles or less.

Asking $11K but open to offers and trades. Located in Riverside area.
If it doesn't get sold after some time, I will probably part it out then sell for a cheaper price. Thanks all!
Contact 9519239999
IMG_2144.jpgIMG_6082.JPGIMG_6090.JPGIMG_6087.JPGIMG_6093.JPGIMG_6096.JPGIMG_6089.JPGIMG_6091.JPGIMG_6088.JPGIMG_6092.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12