1985 FWC Fleet Refurbish

TacoFWC

Observer
Looks awesome, great work on your refurb. Just curious, whats the driving factor for you on having the vinyl replaced? Is it an endless battle of hunting down leaks, or cosmetic issues? Feel free to PM me, I might be intrested in yours if it doesn't get torn apart in the R&R process...

Looks awesome, great work on your refurb. Just curious, whats the driving factor for you on having the vinyl replaced? Is it an endless battle of hunting down leaks, or cosmetic issues? Feel free to PM me, I might be intrested in yours if it doesn't get torn apart in the R&R process...

Thanks! Can't wait to see more progress on yours.

As for the vinyl, it's old, full of pin holes and small cracks, stains, rips in screens. Makes it hard to trouble shot any leaks when your not sure if its coming from here or there or over there.

When I take it up to FWC in January we could meet up and you can check it out and if they can get it off in one piece you can have it.

Camper is back on the truck!!!!

Well I have gotten a lot done over the last few weeks and in the next few days should be 100% ready to go camping one last time before she gets dropped of at FWC for new Vinyl, Front and Back Lift Panels and possible new headliner.

When I get it back the seats/bed are going to be reupholestered and she'll be like a new camper!

Heres a shot of it back on my truck!

[URL=http://s239.photobucket.com/user/rgingerelli99tj/media/photo-22.jpg.html] [/URL]

Truck and camper are all packed a ready to go clocks set for 4am and the road to my normal camping spot is open according to the local ranger district. It usually closed November-March depending on snow, which unfortunately we haven't had much of yet this year. Photos to come when I return on Tuesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but I can't help myself...here's a few more pics from the trip.

unevamud.jpg

Water was really low, normally the water is 15' deep where I'm taking this from

utasyqe3.jpg

English Mt.

e7avymag.jpg

Bowman lake

teheda5a.jpg

Camp setup at Sawmill lake

abu6a7e4.jpg

Bungee looking out at frozen Sawmill lake

uzy6e8ap.jpg

Bowman lake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TacoFWC

Observer
Ohhhh man, you're dangerously close to Fordyce Trail. Thats beautiful country out there, did you take 89 up through Truckee? I just passed through Truckee this last weekend, it looked amazing all dusted with snow. Looks like your trip was a success, and all that work is paing off. Congrats

Yep pretty close! No I take 80 east to highway 20 toward Nevada city to Bowman Lake Road. The work is paying off! Just the vinyl/lift panels, recovering the seats and rebuilding the table left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle