1985 Toyota 4x4 longbed pickup - immaculate condition

STAGE 2

Adventurer
For sale is my 85 yota longbed 4x4. I purchased this from the original owner after two years of searching for a showroom condition truck. Its an original california truck and I've owned it for the past three years.

The truck has 215k on it with the engine, transmission and transfer case factory original. During my ownership of the truck only oem toyota parts have been used and the strictest maintenance intervals have been maintained.

Under my ownership the following has been done as preventative maintenance:

-timing chain/tensioner/guides/headgasket/drive belts @ 198k
-complete cooling system replacement @ 205 (radiator, waterpump, t-stat, all coolant hoses, even the pesky little ones and all hardware)
-rear wheel bearings and wheel cylinders @ 205
-rebuilt and flow matched factory injectors @ 205k
-rebuilt and balanced factory driveshaft @200k
-custom 2 1/4 stainless exhaust @ 207k
-birfields/knuckles regreased @ 210k

As expected, the truck runs very well, pulls quite hard and averages 24mpg with approximately 60/40 city/hwy driving. The interior is pristine and drives without rattles of any kind.

Asking price is 12K. The truck is located in San Diego. Feel free to ask any questions. I do respond to pm's but email is best. Pics to follow.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb417/Roberts7399/DSCN0947_zpsf98b4222.jpg

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb417/Roberts7399/DSCN0949_zps3e4099c2.jpg

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb417/Roberts7399/DSCN0957_zps1717a5ac.jpg

Last edited:

STAGE 2

Adventurer
Thanks for the kind words guys. This truck is truly as close as you can get to what Mr. Toyoda was building in 1985.

BBslider001

Diesel Head
Aww man, why in the world would you sell this? I will trade you a nice 1999 GMC Yukon. :sombrero: Just kidding of course. I am just up the road from you in Oceanside. I have one question I have always wondered about. Why do people always cove rup their plates n these photos? I have never understood how that protects someone. I mean, countless people see the plates everyday going down the road. What makes the internet different? Sorry to go off topic...

Ok, back on topic for someone who needs an amazing Yota!! 13k is a good asking price.

STAGE 2

Adventurer
I bought this truck to use as an all around vehicle, but couldn't bring myself to actually use it for fear of ruining the condition. The few times I took it off road I spent the next two days redetailing the undercarriage. Having a 7 foot bed sounds great but pretty useless if you're too paranoid to haul stuff in it for fear of scratching the paint. I sold a hot rod to purchase this truck to have a more practical vehicle. The reality is that I have another classic thats just much slower. So I found another toyota pickup with enough scratches to where I wont care if I find another ding or two and I can actually make some expo mods to it.

As far as the license plate goes, people do see it every day, but I and probably most others figure that you're more likely to attract the wrong attention with your plate sitting on the internet for weeks at a time as opposed to the 30-40 seconds someone can see your plate while driving down the road.

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Wow. Immaculate is a perfect word to describe that.

Good luck with the sale. I'm sure it will go to a great home! Man.. what a nice little truck. Probably has PLENTY of life left in 'er. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78