1986 Jeep Comanche 4WD V6 Automatic: $1,000 in Frederick, MD

Maryland Pinz

Observer
*** VEHICLE WAS SOLD ***

PRICE DROP: $900.00

Expedition vehicle... I'm not sure. It certainly could be with a bit of elbow grease. And it is a SUPER INEXPENSIVE way to get in on the ground level! Anyhow, the VIN for my 1986 Jeep Comanche 4WD is 1JTWE6515GT219771. Here's some more info about the Comanche, along with some more pictures. It is 4-wheel drive and I checked to see if the transfer case engages in 4-high and 4-low yesterday. It appears to engage and disengage as it should. Couple of things you should know before you decide to come take a look—I've included some pictures that show the worst parts of the Jeep. On the whole, the body is rust free with 2 exceptions—the driver side floorboard and the passenger side floorboard. The passenger side is significantly worse, and both sides can be seen in the attached pictures. The paint isn't great—I believe it's original. It has some scratches/dents—I've included pictures of the worst areas. The headliner is GONE. Interior is otherwise ok. The radio doesn't seem to work, but then, it's an ancient radio and isn't worth fixing anyways. The heater works fine. As far as how it runs, it runs pretty good for a 1986 vehicle—it's a little noisy, and a little bumpy, but otherwise ok. It takes about 5 seconds to start it when it's cold outside, but once it warms up, it seems to run ok until I shut it off. The oil pressure light flickers a little when the vehicle idles, but goes off and stays off when the vehicle is moving. Why? I'm not sure… I'm not a mechanic. If you are interested, gve me a call @ 301-524-0463 and we can set a time for you to come up and take a look. I'm in Frederick, MD. -Jon

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

*** VEHICLE WAS SOLD ***

Last edited:

Maryland Pinz

Observer
1986 Jeep Comanche $800

Will It make the drive back to NJ or will It need a trailer?
Thanks

My guess is that it WOULD make it, but I would probably rent a car mover from U-haul (I think they're $55 for 24 hours) if I were you just to be safe. I've only driven it about 25-50 miles or so since I owned it, and it did fine, but the brakes are a little wimpy, and with all that stop and go traffic on I95, I wouldn't feel safe driving it until that is addressed. -Jon

bigfatride

moco interest

do you still have this truck? I might be interested to come take a look on saturday. sounds like it could be a fun project.

Maryland Pinz

Observer
do you still have this truck? I might be interested to come take a look on saturday. sounds like it could be a fun project.

Yeah, it's still available. Give me a yell at 301-524-0463 to setup a time to come and see her Saturday--I should be around most of the day. Better still, bring $19,000 cash and I'll throw in my awesome Pinzgauer 712M as well! Thanks. -Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78