1987 Starcraft Astrolite Project

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Send that low hanging step back and
Fab up one that uses two 1 1/4" hitch receivers that are welded to the frame.
Pull the hitch pins and take it off for ground clearance.

Lowrange2

Adventurer
Send that low hanging step back and
Fab up one that uses two 1 1/4" hitch receivers that are welded to the frame.
Pull the hitch pins and take it off for ground clearance.

Hmmm, I like that idea.

Never thought about that. I could still store it out of the way but it would be stationary anytime it was in use. Thanks for the idea.

ccarley

Adventurer
I know this is an old thread... but do you have any more pictures while out & about with your Starcraft? Looks like a pretty nice setup, similar to what I've got on my hands.

Thanks,
Clay

Lowrange2

Adventurer
I know this is an old thread... but do you have any more pictures while out & about with your Starcraft? Looks like a pretty nice setup, similar to what I've got on my hands.

Thanks,
Clay

Once again, I managed to take a bunch of pictures of everything except my Pup. lol

This was the only one I grabbed.

20141018_181140_zpsi0mvubkg.jpg

Lowrange2

Adventurer
I remember talking to you about these at CFW. Looks great, I hope it fits the family well!

Yessir! Me too. I'll be rolling up to CFW2016 in this one. I've owned it for 2 days and can already tell you that it's going to be a lot of fun.

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Wife and I have discussed something like this as an alternative to our pop up. The real benefits I think would be while on the road. I could drive, they can sleep, lunches, etc... at a rest stop become that much easier and more private. Looks like a great rig, not too big but you and the girls will be comfy. Good luck with it.

John

Lowrange2

Adventurer
Wife and I have discussed something like this as an alternative to our pop up. The real benefits I think would be while on the road. I could drive, they can sleep, lunches, etc... at a rest stop become that much easier and more private. Looks like a great rig, not too big but you and the girls will be comfy. Good luck with it.

John

The major benefit for me is that it IS my tow rig. I'm big into rock crawling. I have to tow my Jeep to the trails. Which means I can't tow my camper. If I can't tow my camper then the wife and kids tend to stay home. Now We can all load in this thing, throw the Jeep on the trailer and hit the road.

kelkat

Questions about this model of Starcraft...

Hi newbie here,
I found one of these near me and can't find any info about the spec's. I don't believe they have propane or a fridge. Is there any water holding capacity? I have a '13 Rubicon and want to go exploring/camping!

Thanks,
Kellye

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears