1987 Volkswagen Vanagon Syncro Tin Top

kknappc

Hello Everyone

I’ve been contemplating selling my Vanagon. Kids and family are too busy with sports and school to make time for road trips. I also just bought a 75’ Bronco project. It feel like it’s the right time to sell the Syncro.

I’ve had the van for about 3 yrs. I chased the car for 10yrs. A local Porsche mechanic had it for years and took very good car of it. I was just in the right place at the right time to buy this thing. One of the most exciting purchases of my life.

The Van is an Oregon truck with about 188,000 miles. Odometer stop working recently. I believe I’m the 3rd owner. A/C equipped from factory but not hooked up. No Vermont winters. Comes with owners manual, Oregon title, old key chains from the selling dealer….. the underside of the truck is perfect! The paint is mostly original and has plenty of stone chips and dings. Very honest car. Has a little seam rust starting but very slight.

Previous owner did a Blue Star Weekender interior swap. Table and fold down bed. Great setup for small camping trips but also can be built out to suit longer trips. He also did a 4 headlight conversion, VW trailer hitch and a VW T3 bike rack.

Van has a 2.0 inline 4 FAST Gen 4 engine swap. Very low miles. Runs and drives great. No issues. Very simple setup.

It has a full Old Man Emu suspension setup, rebuilt front end and brand new Toyo Open Country A/T tires.

Under my ownership Ive installed a Van Cafe driveshaft, GoWest Decoupler (2wd/4WD), Yakima awning, custom roof rack, fog lights, GoWest shifter extension, Burely Motorsports shift linkage. I just replaced all the fluids in the vehicle, replaced tires and added the awning.

This is a very special van that is ready to go. Not perfect but very honest and solid. Would be confident driving it across the country. Asking $35,000 located in Shelburne, Vermont. kknappc@gmail.com

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 81

Forum statistics