1988 Jeep Comanche Expo Truck

uhporkchop

Observer
View attachment 286098

I am trying this again for a short period while the truck is in Yelm, WA until 15 June. I just finished 2000 plus miles in the truck exploring the NW with my son. It is a great vehicle and I really cringe every time I think about selling her but she sits in a shop more than she sees the sun.

1988 Jeep Comanche - $15000 Located in Yelm, WA until June 15th and then it will be driven back to Idaho.

Expedition Truck or Rock Crawler take your pick it does it all. Very clean Rescue Green Comanche with all the goodies just waiting for a new owner to enjoy and explore the great outdoors. There has been a lot of hard work, time, and money invested into making this the ultimate in capabilities and one of the most unique jeeps I have seen, at least Comanche for sure. It is being offered a la carte, so let me give you the laundry list of mods.

ENGINE
- Rebuilt Renix 6 cylinder long block (not sure when it was rebuilt, previous owner did not know exact mileage, inspection and compression shows great shape, no oil leaks or oil consumption. Power steering pump has developed slow leak recently just haven't repaired/replaced yet.)
- H.O. intake
- H.O. throttle body and 60mm spacer
- JBA header
- Magna flow exhaust
- Spectre cold air intake
- Dual Optima yellow top batteries
- JKS motor mounts
- New platinum plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor
- Electric cooling fans: wired to thermo plug and manual switch in dash

DRIVETRAIN
- AX 15
- Hurst short shift
- New clutch, slave/throwout bearing, pilot bearing.
- Teralow 4:1 transfercase
- Slipyoke eliminator
- Dana 30 front axle, ARB locker, Cromoly axles 4.56, Custom gusseted Cs, Alloy axle tube seals
- Dana 44 rear full floater, Detroit locker, Warn axle flanges, cromoly axles 4.56

SUSPENSION
- Rusty 4.5" springs and custom long arm
- Rear springs arched and 2" spring shackles
- JKS adjustable coil over spacer up front
- JKS sway quick discos
- Currie Currectlync Heavy Duty Tie rod system steering components
- Blistein 5150 front shocks
- Rancho 9000 rear shocks
- Currie steering gearbox brace

ARMOR
- CBI custom front bumper (powder coated black) with Ramsey REP 8.5e winch
- Custom transfer case skids
- Custom fuel tank skid
- Custom rear spring skids
- Custom rocker panel sliders
- Custom rear bumper (powder coated black) with winch plate for future addition of rear winch
- CBI swing out tire carrier,hilift jack, and fuel jug carrier, with fold down table.
- Warn front and rear diff armor

INTERIOR
- Rock Hard full custom cage painted to match exterior
- Panasonic head unit (Radio, CD, Aux, MP3 hookup)
- 200 watt amp
- Uniden CB radio
- Synrace hand throttle on gear shift
- Tach mounted on steering column
- Contour switches in dash for ARB compressor, locker, Drive lights, Fans, Rock lights.

EXTERIOR
- Tepui Ayer RTT
- ARB 50QT Frig
- The bed was bobbed about 10 inches as this was a long bed originally.
- Smittybilt fender flares
- Chrysler Hood vents
- Hella 500 Driving lights
- Mickey Thompson 15x8 wheels
- New BF Goodrich KO 35" tires
- CBI Custom bed cage (new, have not powder coated incase more welding mods are needed in near future)
- Custom canvas cover with roll up or zip out windows (new)
- Tuffy side bed box (aluminum) (new)
- Truck-tool-box aluminum drawer (48" x 24" x 10") (new)

Interested parties give me a ring before 8 June and I can give you and full run down on the truck. The the 8th I will be out of the country again for a while but if you leave me and email with your number I can call you and fill you in. The truck with be at my sons and he will be available to show the truck upon request.

Call Jon @ 208-seven one six 85 two seven
It is best to email me after June 8th at jcweiers @ live.com

Last edited:

uhporkchop

Observer
Thanks, I like the tires too and they ride much better than the KM2s were lately. I am out tonight at midnight...I will drop you a line later.

jerstw

Adventurer
Awesome truck! Love those Comanche's. Best of luck in selling it; or wishing you complete failure so you have a reason to keep it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears