1988 Jeep Comanche Expo Truck

aluke0510

Adventurer
Awesome Comanche. Used to own a 91 long bed. Was this the one ton package since it has the dana 44 in the rear? Does it have the common rust on the rockers and rear cab corners or is still clean?

uhporkchop

Observer
Awesome Comanche. Used to own a 91 long bed. Was this the one ton package since it has the dana 44 in the rear? Does it have the common rust on the rockers and rear cab corners or is still clean?

I am not the original owner of the vehicle so I could not tell you with 100% certainty that it originally came with the dana44. The truck was out of California where I was told it spent just about all its life. I did get to see pictures of the truck during the prep for paint and from what I could tell the body work/bondo was only to address dents and dings and not to patch rust issues. The underside of the truck is very clean, zero rust.

aluke0510

Adventurer
I am not the original owner of the vehicle so I could not tell you with 100% certainty that it originally came with the dana44. The truck was out of California where I was told it spent just about all its life. I did get to see pictures of the truck during the prep for paint and from what I could tell the body work/bondo was only to address dents and dings and not to patch rust issues. The underside of the truck is very clean, zero rust.

I think you can tell if it was the big ton (metric ton) package by the VIN number with a decoder. Payload capacity should be 2200lbs. Marvelous that they were able to pull such payload capacity out of a hybrid unibody compact truck. A new Tacoma has only like 1300lbs capacity.

FYI: Have you considered posting here:
http://comancheclub.com/page/index.html
and here:
http://www.jeeptruck.com/sale/sale.html

chp-sk8

Adventurer
I can tell for certain the truck has no rust , I can say that because this use to be my truck! The bed was bobbed and is super clean job. I stripped the truck all the way down , hood off tailgate out doors too. On the fence hard about buying this back. John has taken my old truck to the next level for sure and has spared no expense on the build. Who ever ends up with my old manche is getting the gem of gems!
My .02

uhporkchop

Observer

OregonSR5

Observer
Could you get a few more pictures overall? Hard to draw interest on something this unique without a decent number of higher quality photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998