1988 Jeep Comanche

uhporkchop

Observer
Posting again as work has really put a damper on our use of this vehicle now and for the future. As much as we love our Comanche it should go to someone that will have more time to enjoy the rig for what it was built for and out sitting in my garage collecting dust. Lets get this rig back out on the trails and make some dust with its new owner.

1988 Jeep Comanche (Located Alpine, WY)

Expedition Truck or Rock Crawler take your pick it does it all. Very clean Rescue Green Comanche with all the goodies just waiting for a new owner to enjoy and explore the great outdoors. There has been a lot of hard work, time, and money invested into making this the ultimate in capabilities and one of the most unique jeeps I have seen, at least Comanche for sure. The ARB RTT and Frig pictured on the vehicle are not offered in the sale as the RTT has been replaced with a Tepui Ayer RTT which can be negotiated into the sale and the ARB frig and slide are being installed in new build.

ENGINE
- Rebuilt Renix 6 cylinder long block (not sure when it was rebuilt, previous owner did not know exact mileage, inspection and compression shows great shape, no oil leaks or oil consumption. Power steering pump has developed slow leak recently just haven't repaired/replaced yet.)
- 4.0L H.O. intake
- 4.0L H.O. throttle body and 60mm spacer
- JBA header
- Magna flow exhaust
- Shorty CAI and Spectre cowling cold air intake for those dusty expeditions
- Dual Optima yellow batteries
- JKS motor mounts
- New platinum plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor
- Three 10" Electric cooling fans: wired to thermo plug and manual switch in dash

DRIVETRAIN
- AX 15
- Hurst short shift
- New clutch, slave/throwout bearing, pilot bearing.
- Teralow kit (2wd H, 4H, N, 4L 2wd L)
- Slipyoke eliminator
- Dana 30 front axle, Gusseted outer Cs, ARB locker, Cromoly axles, 4.56 gears
- Dana 44 rear full floater, Detroit locker, Warn axle flanges, cromoly axles, 4.56 gears

SUSPENSION
- Rustys/CBI Offroad Fabrication Hybrid 6" radius arm long arm lift
- Rear springs custom arched and shackled for heavier loads
- JKS adjustable coil over spacer up front
- JKS sway quick discos
- Currie Currectlync Heavy Duty Tie rod system steering components
- Blistein 5150 front shocks
- Rancho 9000 rear shocks
- Currie steering gearbox frame brace
- CBI Offroad Fabrications Unibody stiffeners. (gusseting from front bumper mount back)

ARMOR
- CBI custom front bumper (powder coated black) with Ramsey REP 8.5e winch
- Custom transfer case skids
- Custom fuel tank skid
- Custom rear spring skids
- Custom rocker panel sliders
- Custom rear bumper (powder coated black) with winch plate for future addition of rear winch if desired
- CBI swing out tire carrier,hilift jack, and fuel jug carrier, with fold down table.
- Warn front and rear diff armor

INTERIOR
- Rock Hard full custom cage painted to match exterior
- Panasonic head unit (Radio, CD, Aux, MP3 hookup)
- 200 watt amp
- Synrace hand throttle on the gear shifter
- Sun Tach mounted on steering column
- Contour switches in dash for ARB compressor, front locker, Drive lights, Fans, Aux.

EXTERIOR
- The bed was bobbed about 10 inches as this was a long bed originally.
- Smittybilt fender flares
- Chrysler salvage yard hood vents
- Hella 500 Driving lights
- Mickey Thompson Classic 15x8 wheels
- Innerairlock Internal Bead locks (similar to the old Stuans) install with new tires.
- BF Goodrich KM2 35" tires (5000 miles) like new
- CBI Custom bed cage (new, have not powder coated incase more welding mods were desired in future)
- Custom canvas cover with roll up or zip out windows (new)
- Tuffy side bed box (aluminum) (new)
- Truck-tool-box aluminum drawer (48" x 24" x 10") (new)

Asking $15,500.

Email me @ jcweiers@live.com or call my wife 9732291110 and she will let me know how to get in touch with you as I am often out of the country.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears