1988 MAN G90 FAE 4x4

gator70

Price is too high. Many buyers want a turn key vehicle ready to start adventures. The buyers who have skills to build their own, will need a cheaper platform. And have choices. Too many folks are convinced to go the composite route and this jacks up the total build $20K too much.

If I were the seller, just buy this and charge $120K for the package.

Convert this to USD's

Abitibi

Explorer
I've seen your truck when it first got listed on expeditionmeister.com, very nice work done on it! It caught my attention as it has the 8 lug pattern like mine, which is kind of hard to find here in Canada or the USA... I ended up having to build my own rims!

You say it will do 400 miles on a tank but without the tank size it doesn't really help ;) What is your mpg at 55?

Looks like you also have a central winch that can run both from front and rear? Btw, your 2nd link you posted doesn't seem to work, maybe you already sold your truck?

Cheers,
David

Roverchef

Adventurer
I've seen your truck when it first got listed on expeditionmeister.com, very nice work done on it! It caught my attention as it has the 8 lug pattern like mine, which is kind of hard to find here in Canada or the USA... I ended up having to build my own rims!

You say it will do 400 miles on a tank but without the tank size it doesn't really help ;) What is your mpg at 55?

Looks like you also have a central winch that can run both from front and rear? Btw, your 2nd link you posted doesn't seem to work, maybe you already sold your truck?

Cheers,
David
Yes on the 8-lug. I had to get rid of those "widow maker" rims that came with it. I got Hutchinson to make me a set of 2-piece aluminum beadlocks.

Still have the stock size(31 Gallon) fuel tank. I had it resealed when I was doing the rebuild of everything. Cruising @55mph I get close to 15mpg.

This is one of the few factory "winch" trucks. Cable can be run front/back/or out the side if needed.

2nd link is dead. I let it expire.

Haven't sold it yet...piles of interest but most folks want a camper/habitat installed on the back before purchase and I just can't find the time with all the other projects right now.

Abitibi

Explorer
Wow, 15mpg is impressive!!! Especially when considering most similar sized expo trucks get closer to 8mpg.

I'm nit sure why people complain about your asking price. Yes it's not cheap but it looks to be in excellent condition, has fr/rr lockers, very low mileage, cool winch, and has been fully looked over. What can you get for similar money, a new 4x4 Sprinter? Easy choice for me, I'll take mechanical old school any days!

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Abitibi

Explorer
Do like I'm doing. Find a used ambo box (there's a few nice one for sale right now), build a sub-frame and mount it, voilà!

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Roverchef

Adventurer
Dig it…Challenges are that I’m in Colorado and wouldn’t have a clue on how to get a custom composite habitat for it…
I wasn't planning on installing a composite habit.
I was gonna use a 4Wheel Camper "tray-back" version so when I wasn't camping I could unload it fairly easy and run to the hardware store or whatever need I had for a pick-up truck.

If you're interested I could set you up with outfits close to you(CO,WY,MT,CA) that could install something whatever your flavor of habit is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior