1989 toyota 4Runner father/son build

We bought the 4runner a couple of months ago with the intentions of fixing it up into a capable off road expeditionary vehicle that was still comfortable enough to daily drive in traffic. When we bought it, it was equipped with 5.29 gears, a engine fully rebuilt less than 100k miles ago, a detroit locker in the rear, aluminum dog dish rims, bilstein 5100s and heavy duty springs in the rear. one of the cv axles was busted, as well the power steering pump when we bought it and the interior was in decent condition.

Whats already been done to the car..

• Custom sound system and subwoofer with touchscreen display
  • new cv axles
  • new power steering pump
  • new shifter boot cover
  • hands free phone capabilities
  • new idler arm

Whats in the works..
  • All Pro Offroad front bumper
  • rear bumper from tactical armor group
  • general grabber 33"x10.50"R15 tires
  • fox shocks
  • custom leaf springs for rear
  • powder coat the rims
  • strip the chrome
  • paint front grille black
  • install new LED headlights

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 45
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 36
today we worked on swapping the headlights and fixing the dent in the fender. The headlights plugged in fine however they will not turn on so i have to trace the origin of that problem. while the fender was off we decided to do some cleaning. IMG_0664.jpgIMG_0669.jpgIMG_0671.jpgIMG_0673.jpg

Aznwolf118

where did you get this head lights and post a review if you can... i have been toying with the idea of led for my 1st gen

Clay

Adventurer
Toyota headlight wiring is notoriously small and can supply as little as 10 volts to your lights. There are HID light wiring kits sold by 4crawler and several others on ebay and amazon that plug into the sockets and then use the stock wiring to run relays that are wired directly to the battery. I did this upgrade on my 4runner and it made a huge difference. A guess is that your lights might have a minimum voltage rating and that's why they don't work. Good luck and nice truck!

paynemw

Tactical Armor Group used to be Kennessaw Mountain Accessories or something... I broke the bumper three separate times... no literally broke the bumper wheeling, the welds didn't hold. Terrible company, don't do it

where did you get this head lights and post a review if you can... i have been toying with the idea of led for my 1st gen

Hey! I ordered them on ebay for a rather good price, around 80-90$ I believe. I will be doing a review shortly now that I have got them to work.. I must say I was quite impressed as to how bright they were while wheeling in pitch black darkness.

Toyota headlight wiring is notoriously small and can supply as little as 10 volts to your lights. There are HID light wiring kits sold by 4crawler and several others on ebay and amazon that plug into the sockets and then use the stock wiring to run relays that are wired directly to the battery. I did this upgrade on my 4runner and it made a huge difference. A guess is that your lights might have a minimum voltage rating and that's why they don't work. Good luck and nice truck!

Yes, the minumum voltage rating was indeed the problem.. Currently the wiring kit a local shop supplied me with is doing great, however I will do some more research on the HID wiring kits and see if I could potentially get better performance out of the lights with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior