1990 Chevrolet Silverado C2500HD Camper Special

Blazeoneagain

Hey everyone!

I just picked up this truck for a daily driver and fishing/camping rig.

1990 Chevrolet Silverado C2500 HD
TH400
350 TBI
Camper Special and Trailering Group Options
Dual battery
Receiver hitch front and rear

It came with all documents back to the day it left the dealership. It is a one owner truck. Even better.....it was owned by my dad and has been babied for the last 25 years.

The truck was used for hauling a 8 foot truck camper ( not the one pictured) and served as a commuter truck ( 80% highway miles ). Well maintained gravel roads is the roughest road this truck experienced and it was driven in the snow about 3 times over the last 25 years.

Recent repairs include:

New TH400 transmission
New brakes including hoses and calipers
Ujoints
Battery

There have been many other parts replaced as needed. Such as the radiator, water pump x2, starter, various sensors, exhaust system, windshield etc.

Engine bay is pretty clean, needs a wash. It has some seepage from a couple gaskets and the oil cooler lines are a due for a change but it is nothing serious.

The paint and body need attention. The factory Chevy silver is peeling off which is common for this colour. There is rust at the cab corners, but has not broken through the paint yet, just bubbling. There is also a big dent that needs repair asap, it will get fixed before repaint in the summer.

There is also some rust under the battery tray on the inner fender. Since the truck is from the west coast of Canada, there is no frame rust and it's pretty clean.

The last 5 years it has been driven about 7000 kms and didn't get washed much so there is a fair bit of cleaning and detailing to do.

The camper topper on it now was recently purchased and I tend to remove it and use it only as needed. I spend 3-4 months a year on fly fishing trips so it is nice to have.

I will start with the detailing and then setup auxiliary power to the camper, remote start and alarm system.

Here are a few pictures the day my parents gave it to me. I remember when I was 6 years old being at the dealership and picking it up. It is nice to keep it in the family and hopefully I will get another 25 years out of it.

Iam interested in hearing opinions about what I should/could do to outfit the camper topper better.

I need to be set it up for 2-5 day excursions.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    528.5 KB · Views: 21

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
This truck is downright awesome, so clean and I love the topper. I'd love to find one that style in good shape and I would use it on my '15, I just love the classic looks. Looking forward to seeing where you take this thing, and I hope your dad is proud to pass it along to you.

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
Thats an awesome old pickup with a great classic look from the camper. Was the camper special package original from the factory. Is that the original camper that comes with the camper special package?

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the site Blaze. Cool:Wow1::Wow1: looking rig :drool::drool:and thanks for posting pics with your thread. I am sure you will find lots of helpfull people here. Maybe see you this summer in Van! Cheers, Chilli...:):)

Blazeoneagain

Thanks!

The topper was not included in the camper special package. The topper was recently purchased for camping purposes.

I need to get started on a sleeping platform and a fold down table system for the topper. I already have the lumber, carpet and mattress etc.

I was thinking of putting a single sleeping platform on one side of the box and shelf/ table and storage on the other. I travel and fly fish solo so I have lots of room.

my remote starter arrived today (great for warming the engine up ) I wanted one because these older Chevy small blocks get better gas mileage if you give just a few minutes to warm up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears