1990 GMC suburban "The YETI"

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
picked this one up last week, 1990 GMC 1500 4x4 350 700R4 NP241 fully loaded. $1500

Things needed:
matching wheels
new tires (due to having the spare on it)
the PO lives in salt lake city now, it was her brother in law who was doing the selling part so I have the key to the ignition but no door keys. she is getting the other keys in the mail.
a coolant temp sensor (not for the gauge) *done*
blower motor resistor or relay rear heat works, front heater fan does not

we will be using this for camping, fishing, hunting, family trips and then down the road I will be making major changes to it and using it to pull my car trailer.

went outside and took a couple pics with my phone, the interior is in really good shape for someone who has kids

I ordered up $250 worth of tune-up and shocks from rockauto for it, I have a delivery every day this week from Wed-Fri.

this weekend I changed the oil and I have never ever ever ever had this much trouble with a filter and I used to work at jiffy lube.

my switch for the heater fan should be here today, the heater control valve is leaking and GM doesn't make it anymore. I found one place online that sells the correct valve, and a guy on CK5 says he may have one also, I just need to get him a pic.

Little long intro but its all up to date since buying it.

Last edited:

tgdoumit

Adventurer
Sweet!
I'm beginning my own suburban adventure now too. Love these trucks and it sure is fun to see what you guys are doing with them.
Keep posting so we can follow along 👍

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
thanks guys

bypassed the heater valve the other night and trouble shot why the heater fan in the front was not working, lastnight I put a new blower motor in and I have wonderful heat this morning, now I just need a new valve and I will have good heat front and rear.

tgdoumit

Adventurer
I'm going to have to monkey with the hvac on mine too. i get defroster air in cold but when i move the heat to hot it closes the door so none will come out the dash vents...
but thats way down the to do list :D

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
picked this one up last week, 1990 GMC 1500 4x4 350 700R4 NP241 fully loaded. $1500

Things needed:
matching wheels
new tires (due to having the spare on it)
the PO lives in salt lake city now, it was her brother in law who was doing the selling part so I have the key to the ignition but no door keys. she is getting the other keys in the mail.
a coolant temp sensor (not for the gauge) *done*
blower motor resistor or relay rear heat works, front heater fan does not

we will be using this for camping, fishing, hunting, family trips and then down the road I will be making major changes to it and using it to pull my car trailer.

went outside and took a couple pics with my phone, the interior is in really good shape for someone who has kids

I ordered up $250 worth of tune-up and shocks from rockauto for it, I have a delivery every day this week from Wed-Fri.

this weekend I changed the oil and I have never ever ever ever had this much trouble with a filter and I used to work at jiffy lube.

my switch for the heater fan should be here today, the heater control valve is leaking and GM doesn't make it anymore. I found one place online that sells the correct valve, and a guy on CK5 says he may have one also, I just need to get him a pic.

Little long intro but its all up to date since buying it.

That is a good thing you replaced the oil filter.....:wings:

5th

I'm sub'd. (pun intended) I've a '91 spec'd the same as yours and am unsure where I wanna go with it. I've removed a few filters like that in my day lol

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
I'm sub'd. (pun intended) I've a '91 spec'd the same as yours and am unsure where I wanna go with it. I've removed a few filters like that in my day lol

i have had 2 other 91 burbs and this 90. my first burb had an 8 inch lift and 38" tires, last one was bone stock bare bones ex-government vehicle.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
Keep the picture posts coming Warpath. A nice rig you have there...:drool::drool::drool:

thanks chili

I have a lot of parts to install in it but it will be a couple weeks probably with thanksgiving and then the weekend after that I have yearly physical inventory at work. there's a box at my house that looks like I am opening a warehouse AC DELCO spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, transmission filter kit. then the wix air, oil, and fuel filters, and the KYB shocks.

we were planning on taking this up to Washington for thanksgiving but when I got the new tires they told me it needs the wheel bearing repacked/replaced on one side and I haven't had time so it will be another trip cramped in the wife's car.

5th

i have had 2 other 91 burbs and this 90. my first burb had an 8 inch lift and 38" tires, last one was bone stock bare bones ex-government vehicle.

Axle upgrades on the 8" lift with the 38's? I was thinking 6" lift with 35's on the stock 10 bolt's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears