1990 Montero RS

BlackWidow

Observer
Hello all

For about the past 2 years i have been driving past a Mitsubishi Montero RS (1990) It is just sitting behind a Subaru wagon. Today i finally asked the guy if he was interested in selling it and his first comment was that did i know anything about them and of course i said not much but i was looking to keep it mostly stock. He then proceeded to tell me that this was not stock it was a rock crawler. OHHHH boy was my thought at that time. 15 min later I had sifted through all of his talking to learn that the engine was blown and needed to be replaced. He spent 1800 (so he says) on a rebuild of the trans mission but says that there is still something wrong with it and might need to be looked at. I asked politely again how much he would take for it and he asked me what i wanted to give him, I told him i really did not know what it would be worth. Oh yeah he said that it had been high sided against a hill but it looked in pretty good shape. He said he was not going fast he just lost control on the ice and the back end went up the side of a hill. I will take a pic of it tomorrow but I would really like some opinions on this from some of you that own or have owned this type of vehicle. Would it be worth it to get it and how much should i give him for it? Thanks

evileric

Observer
Hello all

For about the past 2 years i have been driving past a Mitsubishi Montero RS (1990) It is just sitting behind a Subaru wagon. Today i finally asked the guy if he was interested in selling it and his first comment was that did i know anything about them and of course i said not much but i was looking to keep it mostly stock. He then proceeded to tell me that this was not stock it was a rock crawler. OHHHH boy was my thought at that time. 15 min later I had sifted through all of his talking to learn that the engine was blown and needed to be replaced. He spent 1800 (so he says) on a rebuild of the trans mission but says that there is still something wrong with it and might need to be looked at. I asked politely again how much he would take for it and he asked me what i wanted to give him, I told him i really did not know what it would be worth. Oh yeah he said that it had been high sided against a hill but it looked in pretty good shape. He said he was not going fast he just lost control on the ice and the back end went up the side of a hill. I will take a pic of it tomorrow but I would really like some opinions on this from some of you that own or have owned this type of vehicle. Would it be worth it to get it and how much should i give him for it? Thanks

2dr or 4dr. blown engine and non-working trans too! We definitely need pics!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78