1991 3/4 ton suburban. Bought it. Now time to build it.

sean257

Adventurer
Nice looking suburban.
I may be stealing some ideas from you as mine is being fortified.

Last edited:

simonzayne

When I started reading this thread, I thought your name sounded kinda familiar, but I couldn't place it.
Now I've placed it, I run a Mookie Light. I've been a fan of your gear for quite a while.
Great kit.

But back to the point of the thread, great looking Burban.

And now you've got me looking at your site again.

Last edited:

John Willis

Observer
When I started reading this thread, I thought your name sounded kinda familiar, but I couldn't place it.
Now I've placed it, I run a Mookie Light. I've been a fan of your gear for quite a while.
Great kit.

But back to the point of the thread, great looking Burban.

And now you've got me looking at your site again.

Thanks man. If you like SOE gear make sure you check out the facebook page. We post all the new stuff there as well as the gear for the trucks we do that isnt on the website.

John Willis

Observer
Waiting on the wire harness to come in foe the LightForce striker 170's. Was suppose to ship today from Memphis so hopefully we will have it tomorrow and can get the lights wired up.

Friend has a shop here in town. He took some measurements for some sliders. So that will happen soon then onto the roof rack.

Made a bag for the tools. Based off a bag we make called the TOOL bag. This one is bigger to hold the socket trays.

DSCN3201.jpg

DSCN3202.jpg

And some TOOL pods that will hold screw drivers, ratchets, extensions, etc.

DSCN3206.jpg

John Willis www.SOEtacticalgear.com

Follow SOE on face book:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Special-Operations-Equipment/372313363858

BurbanAZ

Explorer
Great looking Burb. You've added some pretty good right off. I have the dually d2s on my suburban and I really like them but your right about the throw compared to the higher end hid lights. I had a hard time looking for the type of bumper I wanted and couldn't find one so I ended up building what I wanted. Definitely going to watch your build, keep posting all the pics.

John Willis

Observer
Got back to the shop from picking up T-shirt from out t-shirt guys and Fedex had dropped off some boxes. The Stiker 170 lights will be cutting the night like a lazer beam later tonight. Got the wiring harness.

Also got some nice air pressure gauges to keep in the trucks.

DSCN3208.jpg

Keitha

Observer
Looks like a fun project and great looking Suburban!
Are you sure that you have the 700r4 transmission? The 700r4 only came in the 1/2 tons. A th400 came in the 3/4 tons up till very early 1991, then they put the 4L80e in the 1991 3/4 ton Suburbans.

Keitha

Observer
The 4L80e is Far superior to the 700r4. In fact if you are running a 700r4 I would question if it would even live long with your 37" tires. Like I said, GM never put a 700r4 in a 3/4 ton, so you either have a th400, a rebadged 1/2 ton (you have 8-lug axles so probably not the case), somebody made a poor decision on a swap, or you have a 4L80e (probably/hopefully the case).
Does your Sub have overdrive? If yes, then rule out the th400 as it is only a 3 speed tranny. Also as previously mentioned, climb under the truck and count the trans pan bolts &/or look for large electrical plugs on the trans body (the 4L80e is electronically controlled by the PCM).

Good Luck!

John Willis

Observer
Got the Stiker 170's in place. Chomping at the bit to see what they look like in the dark. Dot a huge box from LMC truck today. Replacement headlight units that take removable bulbs, rear door rubber, LED dome light replacements, markerlight and parking light replacements, TAIL light LED packs, 2nd battery tray and on and on.

Got a new battery and 2nd DEEP cycle battery.

Got my LightForce 240 Blitzs in today along with wiring and relays:

DSCN3292.jpg

BurbanAZ

Explorer
good progress. Im curious to see what tranny u have im guessing the th400, but either the th400 or 4l80e would be better than the 700r4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12