1991 Diesel (conversion) Suburban

jjosu

Observer
Much more road worthy now. Had to do some trimming on fenders on both sides. Most of it on the inner parts, so it's not very noticeable. Transmission shifts now. Fix was "duh" simple. Got under there, unhooked the EZ-TCU harness and re-connected it. Good thing, as I was starting to think my 4L80E might require the updated internal harness. Speedo works now too.

What's left to make it truly road worthy? Well, seats being bolted down would be a start. It had a bench, so I am lacking the mounting bracket near the hump on both sides for buckets. Oh yeah, figuring out why the starter doesn't fire with the key any more would be nice. It was going just fine in test starts, now nothing. Been hot-wiring to the connection inside the engine compartment to start her lately. Other than that, getting the coolant temp and fuel gauges working would also nice. And re-installing the hood.

After all that it, it's on to figuring out the exhaust, then doing fun stuff like overhauling the interior, paint and other exterior upgrades (bumpers, roof rack)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman