1991 E250 4x4 conversion?

kiknwayne

hello, I just got a 1991 E250 and I'm in the process of building a camper van. I will include pics later. My question is does any one have any recommendations for a 4x4 conversion? I know a u-joint kit wont work and I could use some help.

Thanks.

Paul E Dude

Observer
You may not like it, but you could build your own. Thats what I am doing. I should be driving mine tomorrow. It rained today.

deezdrama

Adventurer
Theres an 93 e250 in local craigslist that someone says they did a 4x4 conversion using 4x4 bronco parts...... i have no clue about the proccess,just thought id mention it since I thought of it when I read your post

Paul E Dude

Observer
depends on what you want? If you decide coils in the front. I would make sure your arms have adjustments on them. I went with 1999 F350 front leaf springs. they are longer than the earlier springs but most is at one end that makes the pin centered. however the hanger needs to be forward of the frame a bit. If you go with the earlier say 97 F350 springs they are shorter at one end. You wouldn't have the hangers sticking out in front as far under the bumper as mine are. But I was going for a softer ride of the longer springs. I originaly ordered 4" lift springs. but with my hangers that gave me about 10" of lift. I just swapped out to 2" lift springs. now it has about 8". In the rear I used the F350 factory springs all but the Main leaf since the van springs are shorter. I had to cut a small amount off the second leaf to make them fit. And I have the factory F350 4" block too. May swap it all out later. I have driven it, and I cnt tell the difference in the ride yet. Of cource I just drove it a few blocks then came home to take the knuckle off and ship to Sky Manufacturing fro a Hi steer kit. I like thier design best with the 4 studs, cone washers step key and 5th bolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger